anyone try those chinese knockoff garrett ace detectors

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally will not buy counterfeit detectors...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only $87 on eBay. Would it be an adequate backup or backup to the backup or dont waste your money
Not only a waste of money, but, a waste of time using it. Get something with a proven track record for your type of detecting.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love using them to find Sliver LOL!

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could probably sharpen the edges of the coil and use it for a primitive weed whacker. Swing fast.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Support metal detector brands so they keep pushing the technology. If you want a cheap machine get a bounty hunter tracker IV that can be found for under $100 and works just fine.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I personally will not buy counterfeit detectors...

There is a difference between counterfeit and a knockoff. A counterfeit is pretending to be the actual brand... and a knockoff is a similar design, sometimes based on reverse engineering and assembled with the crappiest parts possible. Other times companies have their circuit boards made in China, and the Chinese send 500 out the front door, and 500 out the back door. The ones going out the back door are usually factory seconds.. they had issues and were returned to the manufacturer or declined and the manufacturer is trying to recoup their costs ... then of course sometimes they are sold on the sly. Other small shops buy up all these mismatched parts and make a product with them.

There is some more info here:
Garrett ACE 250 fake, how to identify. Photo | MD-Hunter Blog

Sometimes a Chinese clone isn't half bad ... but not often.

Last edited:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd rather be seen on a moped in sturgis with a hockey helmit on.did I mention the pro obama stickers all over my ride?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And when it breaks and you need to get it fixed, where are you going to send it for repair ....China?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd rather ride on the back of Bigfoot's moped in Sturgis while wearing a rainbow shirt and spandex undies, than buy that Chinese piece of crap.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay far away from those !

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would rather be riding in a side car with you two....dressed like Tiny Tim and playing the ukulele, than waste my money on crap likte that!!:laughing7:
I'd rather ride on the back of Bigfoot's moped in Sturgis while wearing a rainbow shirt and spandex undies, than buy that Chinese piece of crap.

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would rather be riding in a side car with you two....dressed like Tiny Tim and playing the ukulele, than waste my money on crap likte that!!:laughing7:
Can I rig a GoPro on the sidecar to record the whole thing?

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So no ones tried one then LOL

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
You get what you pay for.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I had $89 bucks to blow, I'd try it... My HF detector was $50 after taxes and it works well (but lacks features and is cheaply made).

I've seen several people mention that the green detector works nearly as well as the real thing... but any knockoff is going to be a disposable product with a limited life span.

Last edited:

here4themoney

Mar 3, 2015
SE Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold - White's Prizm IV - BountyHunter Quick Draw II - BountyHunter Pioneer 101 - Compass Judge
Garrett Pro Pointer - Gold Pans and Sluices
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might be an exact clone, but you can bet that every piece it's made of is the cheapest available. I am trying to think of a scenario where I might buy one and I can't think of anything. Perhaps if it was an exact clone of a XP Deus or some other machine that normally costs thousands of dollars, I may consider it, but an Ace 250 is only $200 and comes with warranty, made in the USA good parts and usually you even get freebies thrown in... This knock off is not a good buy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread