Small Coils

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Sharp is 5" round. Some wrongly believe this is a concentric coil, but the NEL website identifies it as a DD.
http://nelcoil.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_83&product_id=127

The Sharp Shooter is 5.5" x 9.5" elliptical. This is definitely a DD coil.
http://nelcoil.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_83&product_id=126

sharp250.jpg

sharpshooter250.jpg

I have the Sharpshooter and it's a winner. I cut my teeth on DD coils so am a bit prejudiced as that is what I understand. They work optimally in trashy areas because the "sweet spot" is long and narrow and you can "paint" in between trash by altering the sweep angle. If you are poking around foundations or bushes the 5" round mat be the way to go. For an all around coil the larger elliptical would be my choice. In fact. It IS my choice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the Sharpshooter and it's a winner. I cut my teeth on DD coils so am a bit prejudiced as that is what I understand. They work optimally in trashy areas because the "sweet spot" is long and narrow and you can "paint" in between trash by altering the sweep angle. If you are poking around foundations or bushes the 5" round mat be the way to go. For an all around coil the larger elliptical would be my choice. In fact. It IS my choice.

Thank You Charlie P. (NY), that helps a lot!

Rce777777

Jul 12, 2014
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 and Eurotek pro for my little partner.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 5" sharp on my omega. I went back and forth on the two before buying. If you want to check it out just let me know. We could meet up after work one day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread