I think that this would be a good site to search!

S

sportfisher411

How about an area that was residential, but was bought out for an airport (noise ordinance buyout I suppose). I'm not sure how long ago these houses were removed but it doesnt look like they were torn down, just moved. The street signs are there and so are the streets just no houses. It almost looks like a nuke site. It seems like an older part of the city. There is more than one site as well. The planning for the main approach path for the airport must of forced several hundred houses to be moved.

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: would this be a good place?

I agree, If you can get to it. Check it out.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

I see your in Oklahoma, I started to wonder if your were talking about here in Indy...
The Airport here has, in last few years, moved several blocks of homes out for their expansion.
Although we have detected some of this area, the biggest part of it has " NO TRESSPASSING " signs, in plain view, and frequent.
After 911, I don't want to press my luck, by getting too close to a restricked area around an airport...
My hunting parters and I, have done pretty well there, staying within the boundaries they will allow, and not really getting into the heart of it... I'm sure if you could get into it, it would be a good spot...

OP
OP
S

sportfisher411

This is an international airport, I have not seen any signs and I can search alot of this area without getting too close to any security areas. If permission is required, who should I ask. I think the airport is city operated. One Odd thing. There is one house still here. The only vehicle I see out there is a city cop car parked in the driveway. Makes me wonder if he is slacking off or maybe at a secret cop spot. Maybe I should take some pics of his car at the only house in an abandoned neighborhood, make for good leveraging point if I get arrested. lol I can justify why Im there can he justify why he's there? Twisted, I havent even set foot out there and Im already searching for ways to be able to stay and search.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread