F75 SE LTD 2 input

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm right on the edge of buying a new F75 SE LTD2 today or tomorrow and it's giving me butterflies in my stomach. I would love some input from the community. Is this the machine I want for the $. If you don't think it is, then what machine would you suggest and why?

I currently use an F2 and was planning on getting an F44. However, I think I'd rather put out the extra money and get a better machine.
I mainly coin shoot, but I should get the opportunity to relic hunt occasionally.

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For what I needed and wanted at the time I went with a F-75SE when they first came out . . . back in 2007.

Earlier this year I sent it back for the $309 upgrade to add the software to get it up to LTD level with the cache, boost and fast process. That was kind of an agonizing decision to put that much additional into a used detector.

But, because for coin shooting and the poking around I do with it as my detecting tool I was pleased enough with it to justify the upgrade. I can't give a higher vote of confidence than to put my own money up as I did.

Whether your needs and terrain are like mine I don't know. If I was a beach sweeper, gold prospector or relic hunter the results may have been different.

When guys like Bill Ladd and Tom Dankowski seem as happy with a detector as they claim to be with the F-75 LTD it is a good sign.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought a Deus a year ago, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. The ultra light weight and wireless capabilities have made this machine a joy to hunt with... not to mentioned the configurability of the machine itself.

The price has been lowered significantly... you can get into one for around $1200. I believe that anyone who owns the machine, will say that they made a good choice.

Just my humble opinion! Best of luck to you.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started with an El Cheapo detector last season and then after 2 months I upgraded to a F4 with the DD coil, and loved it. I ran into a great deal on an F75 LTD SE last fall and scooped it up. One of the reasons I jumped on this deal is that even though I have heard great things about the CTX3030 (way out of my price range) and the Dues, is I am a cheap B@st@rd and It was the best bang for the buck. Another reason was that I am familiar with how the Fisher detectors operate and the fact that they can occasionally false if not set-up properly. I did not want to jump into a detector from another manufacture that has a steep learning curve. I do not speak minelab, I am comfortable with the Fisher line and technology. You can look at my 2015 album to see some of my finds this year. I recommend you get one that has DST technology, they run quieter than those without. I plan on detecting with the F75 LTD SE for some time. I added a 15" x 12" S.E.F. butterfly coil to my tool chest and now it has reopened all the sites I pounded last season.

It did take me about 30 days to pull the trigger on the F75, but I am glad that I did.

Good Luck on whatever you choose.

You missed out on the great deal I posted a couple of weeks ago. I sold an F75LTD with DST for $525.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cryer-

You will not regret picking one up... While I don't use one exclusively I can say I like it enough to have one in my personal arsenal of detectors. Nothing is better balanced, and it is deep and fast. It's right up there with the best you can buy. :)

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I`m a relic hunter the F-75 Ltd has paid for itself two times over...the FA process lights up the non Ferris out of the iron better than any other machine i`v had.
I find all my old cabin/cellar sites produce again,i`d buy it just for the FA mode..... but in Delta Pitch Fa process killer combo !
Very long battery life,2 coils 5 yr. warranty envio. covers ....good deal
Gary

OP
OP
Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
You missed out on the great deal I posted a couple of weeks ago. I sold an F75LTD with DST for $525.

I REALLY hate that I missed that!

Thanks everyone for the great advice. I ended up winning an F75 SE LTD (not upgraded) on Ebay that I really thought I was going to lose. So, I guess I won't be buying one new right now and will give the F75 without upgrade a go. This will be a long week waiting for it to arrive...I'm ready to swing it!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cryer-

You will not regret picking one up... While I don't use one exclusively I can say I like it enough to have one in my personal arsenal of detectors. Nothing is better balanced, and it is deep and fast. It's right up there with the best you can buy. :)

Cryer, I just bought a new F75 SE Ltd from Fort Bedford Detectors and have used it twice now. When he says it is balanced, I can tell you that was one of the things I first noticed about the detector. I have only used the stock DD coil, but it matches perfectly and you can swing it with ease.

OP
OP
Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I received my F75 yesterday and took it out the second I got off work. I went to a local park that I have been to 6 or 7 times in the last couple of months. I found 3 quarters, a dime, 3 pennies and a 1956d Roosevelt which is my first silver from this park. Not bad for my first time out with the machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread