Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a Deus one year ago. After the learning curve, which was not all that bad, I started to really like it. The more I used it, the better I liked it. I could have any machine that I want, and this is what I use!

The Deus is wireless, if you have never hunted wirelessly, I can not even begin to tell you how much better it is.

The Deus is light... half the weight of the other machines. The AT Pro would make my arm tired after an hour or two, I had to switch to the left arm to give the right one a little rest. No need for that with the Deus. Swing all day long, no issues!

I can not tell you how much nicer the whole hunting experience is with this machine.

I went to Philly in early June for a few days. I got an opportunity to spend the time with the best Deus user that I have ever seen. He amazed me with his Deus skills. I watched him dig an 1802 half cent, in the trash, at almost 12" deep. I also saw him dig a walking half that was at least a foot deep. The machine finds treasure! Here is a pic of the keepers, our host put us on killer spots, and it took 4 days to get all of these coins, but I found them with my Deus.

If you want any info, don't hesitate to PM me.

Attachments

• IMG_20150609_183016_757-2.jpg
    IMG_20150609_183016_757-2.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 188

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds Carolina Tom!!! Love that Barber Half!

I don't have an XP Deus, although, it is on my list of MDs to get. I do have a couple of friends who swear by it though. My hunting partner uses an AT Pro and he loves it. I just got an F75se and I like it so far.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Jimzz977,
I used to use an Omega 8000 (similar to a t2) before swapping it in and getting a Deus. I can honestly say that I'm still in the transition learning curve and have definitely felt frustrated at times. The funny thing is that the frustration is only because of the amount of tweaking/options, etc that the Deus allows you to do and not because of the machines ability at all. With the Omega, I pretty much had it down pat to the settings that I preferred for the areas I hunted. I would turn it on, dial the knobs and go. With the Deus, I started out with the Basic program and have been tweaking it as needed. I find the Deus to be lighter than the Omega (which was really light to begin with) and the Deus is hitting targets deeper than the Omega. There is definitely a learning curve, and my dig plugs have not been as neat/precise as they were with the Omega....still getting the grasp of using the Deus with the 11" coil. Also with the Deus, its all about the audio signals, don't even look at the VDI numbers whereas with the Omega, I relied a lot more on the VDIs which were dead on (another source of some frustration for me...hard to teach an old dog new tricks).

For now I don't regret the purchase since I have found some nice silver that I'm pretty sure was out of reach of the Omega's range.

Hope that helps!
-TwoYewts

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What exactly are you looking to upgrade? The T2 is perfectly balanced, ridiculously fast, very deep, and with the new DST technology it's super quiet. You have a choice of various coils, whatever headphones you want, all at a much lower cost. That leaves you with the wireless capability, yes it has it's advantages, but is it worth it? I'm not knocking the Deus,believe me! But to go from a T2 to a Deus doesn't seem right to me.

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't really looking for upgrade I ve hunted well hunted parks and still pulling out silver , I j u st have a chance to get one ,but I think I'm to wait. Thanks for your response

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my Opinion the T2 is a fantastic unit that performs almost as well especially the new ones. I would instead wait, there are many new detectors in the works for late 2015 and 2016 with very interesting technologies, Omega 8500, and possible multi-frequency units.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread