BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey gang,

Do you ever tell yourself you are going to take some time off from detecting but end up going back out the next chance you get?

I have been struggling to find places to hunt lately. Between that and the heat, there has been more than one time that I told myself I was going to take the rest of the summer off and start back up when it cools off some. Then within a day or two I am right back out there hitting a previously pounded site or looking for clad at a school yard.

I think I have a problem. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only time off from detecting I take is when Im at work and sleeping...and thats PLENTY of time off...I dont know what it is...but even with it in the 100's here...I just find a shady spot to hunt....its truly an addiction

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey gang,

Do you ever tell yourself you are going to take some time off from detecting but end up going back out the next chance you get?

I have been struggling to find places to hunt lately. Between that and the heat, there has been more than one time that I told myself I was going to take the rest of the summer off and start back up when it cools off some. Then within a day or two I am right back out there hitting a previously pounded site or looking for clad at a school yard.

I think I have a problem. :laughing7:
You are not alone and yes you have a problem. I however have the same problem. Misery loves company. Just when I think new sites are drying up something seems to pop up. Keep the faith.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have multiple hobbies including metal detecting, collecting coins, and collecting sports cards (mostly football cards). This year I have focused more and more on metal detecting and less on the other two. As a result, my skills are getting better and I even found my first silver anything (a modern sterling ring) a couple of months ago. I just love the potential to find something really neat/interesting/valuable.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm kinda feeling the same way, Blade...between the heat and the oppressive rains we've had here in North Central Illinois...I just can't get that enthused right now. :sadsmiley:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh you got a problem, aint no doubt about that. However, you are not alone, especially on this site.

I go out, get all hot and dirty, and mosquito bitten, find nothing, get mad and swear that I am going to give this nonsense a rest. I skip the next day, and feel like I am missing something... right back to it I go again. This hobby is an addiction.

Finding good places to hunt is the key. I have a tough time finding places, as we all do, but just keep looking, and sooner or later one will turn up. I took Todd Lipe to a spot on Sunday, been hunted before, didn't expect to find much. He dug two silver quarters as soon as he got out of the car... second and third holes had silver coins in them. You just never know when or where the good stuff will show up. FYI: All I got was sweaty and sketter bit!

Good luck out there brother. Keep your chin up and try to have fun. It is important to enjoy the hunt, and not just the treasure. When are not enjoying it, just remember that you could be home dealing with the wife or kids, or worse yet, you could be a work!

You are always welcome to come hunt in Charlotte, I got lots of killer spots, just ask Todd Lipe!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just the opposite. I want to go detecting; but between work, sheep & chicken chores, the non-stop rain and my deteriorating knees I haven't got out near as much as I'd hoped.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh you got a problem, aint no doubt about that. However, you are not alone, especially on this site.

I go out, get all hot and dirty, and mosquito bitten, find nothing, get mad and swear that I am going to give this nonsense a rest. I skip the next day, and feel like I am missing something... right back to it I go again. This hobby is an addiction.

Finding good places to hunt is the key. I have a tough time finding places, as we all do, but just keep looking, and sooner or later one will turn up. I took Todd Lipe to a spot on Sunday, been hunted before, didn't expect to find much. He dug two silver quarters as soon as he got out of the car... second and third holes had silver coins in them. You just never know when or where the good stuff will show up. FYI: All I got was sweaty and sketter bit!

Good luck out there brother. Keep your chin up and try to have fun. It is important to enjoy the hunt, and not just the treasure. When are not enjoying it, just remember that you could be home dealing with the wife or kids, or worse yet, you could be a work!

You are always welcome to come hunt in Charlotte, I got lots of killer spots, just ask Todd Lipe!

Im on my way Tom :laughing7:

FgiJFRyiSXnXP8futI4o5lDPAsAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
111111.png

OP
OP
BladeRunner2019

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys! Glad to know I'm not the only one that feels like that sometimes. :)

Tom, I appreciate your offer to hunt down there and I will definitely take you up on that when the weather cools a bit. :thumbsup: You just need to stop taking Todd to all your hot spots before I have a chance to get down there. :laughing9:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys! Glad to know I'm not the only one that feels like that sometimes. :)

Tom, I appreciate your offer to hunt down there and I will definitely take you up on that when the weather cools a bit. :thumbsup: You just need to stop taking Todd to all your hot spots before I have a chance to get down there. :laughing9:

I need to quite taking Todd to all of the hot spots before I get a chance to hunt them!

The issue is that Todd takes me hunting to his spots all of the time, and I find all sorts of good stuff, so it is only fair to take him to my spots!

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My left foot is hurting, I believe from too much detecting. The front of the foot, right below the ankle. Feels like I pulled something. It hurts when I out presure or when I make a step. I think I got it from kneeing down then coming back up. Mainly using my left leg. So I'm taking time off, and not going back out till I'm feeling 100%.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I sometimes wonder if the sun has gotten to my head when all I come back with is a pocket full of junk and dust and I'm ready to do the same thing all over gain the next day. :dontknow:

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup, too hot here in north Texas. Time for indoor painting.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get to hunt every day but I get to hunt at least 4 times a week. When it get hot and the ground gets hard we hit the water, tot lots and swimming areas. The other days off we are out trying to get permission to detect private land. So I think we all have a problem.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Carolina Tom, I just told the wife that we would be vacationing in Charlotte next year. She was opposed to the idea!

Fourwayz

Jun 18, 2007
Out Biking
Detector(s) used
Still deciding IF I want to try again
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yeah! Been there...recently. I had to rethink my processes and now it's fun again! Although tough to get really good spots, I am doing better. Hey Carolina Tom, I might make the 3 hour drive to the Charlotte area for a weekend snoop around😊!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread