Hi-Yo Silver

Greenie
Jun 30, 2013
Saint Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS, Bounty Hunter Platinum with Fisher DD, Eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Minelab Explorer XS died and I brought it back from the grave. I thought I'd share the fix so, I recorded it and loaded it up on YouTube.

What happened was that one day, I was getting ready for a hunt and before I got to go, my Explorer went haywire when I put the battery in. I pulled it out, put it back in and nothing. I tried to get the machine to turn back on and it wouldn't. After a little research and a little help from my friends, I found a possible fix and rather than buying a new detector, I'd try to exhaust all of my options before I just gave up on my old trusty XS by ordering a new detector altogether. I ordered a new, aftermarket control panel for it. My Explorer is old so, Minelab no longer services the machine and even if they did, it would cost mad beans to send it in to them. But it turns out that for around 70 bucks you can just get a control panel and see if that fixes your dead machine.

Of course, you should try all of the easy fixes first, like cleaning the battery terminals, checking your battery pack and taking the machine apart to see if there are any visible bad connections or problems. If there is none of that going on, your machine might just be a candidate for this repair.

If you have a dead Explorer sitting around you may want to give this a try. The control panel, from (link removed by mod, non supporting vendor) works on all Minelab Explorer models. I was really pleased in dealing with, Tony Hunt at De[/URL]

This really saved my butt and I hope it can save someone. else's also.

Here's the link to the video: https://youtu.be/jnNBH9Jr0zQ

Good luck! Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread