Just bought a f2 fisher secondhand from somebody for $150

Brianbarr88

Jun 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I recently purchased a f2 fisher second hand from somebody else on Ksl, I'm curious about how it works exactly, I took it for a test run and basically understand the basic concept of using it but is there anything I need to know Bout metal detecting and using this machine? I'm new to the scene and just picked it up as a hobby along with vapor cigarettes.
Anyways, I got headphones for it and the f2 fisher itself it perfect working condition for $150.
Any tips suggestions are appreciated! Thank u

Upvote 0

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try the fisher we site and see if there is a owners manual one can download. It's a simple machine but a great coin shooter.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're only $199 brand new, so, not exactly a killer deal. Find a manual and have fun! I'd start by digging everything so you know what your machine is telling you. If you live close to a sandy beach, that's where I would start. A tot lot is another good starting point if a beach isn't close by.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a great machine. I recently sold a 2 coil F2 package for $165 so $150 is a decent price for the F2 with a single coil. They hold value fairly well. I have not seen them sell for much less than $150 used. It's a great machine with surprising performance for the price. In good, moist ground, I have found dimes at 10". Don't use disc and just ignore the low iron tones (unless you like to dig iron).

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I started 3 months ago with an F2 and I can tell you that it is a GREAT starter machine. I found over $40 clad as well as a Barber quarter and some other stuff with it. I have since upgraded to an F75 but am keeping my F2!

You can download the manual from Fisher Hobby Detector Manuals.

Remember to fill your holes and Happy Hunting!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got my wife an f2 couple years ago....great beginner machine.she finally started swinging her atp but will never get rid of"ol trusty"f2

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please learn how to probe or properly dig a plug. Make sure you dont need a permit or digging is not allowed. Rules are different from state to state. Some places like federal land is off limits. Having permission is important. Fisher make s a good product. Im looking at the at pro and Minlab Gofind for my son. The weatherproof F44 from fisher too. I would like to know how deep is your deepest targets. Also be ready to dig a lot of trash, so a small coil may help you cherry pick a bit. I hunt tot lots, wood chips is great for coins and rings. Keep your coil close to the ground but dont hit it on stuff. Keep your coil flat and get a slow swing going. Pinpoint can be a snap once you have dug a few targets. You will need to go through a set of batteries, so make sure your not swinging too fast and have good overlap like mowing a yard. Lots of tips and tricks to be found on the website here, and lots of different types of hunts too. Dont be afraid to ask questions, we have all been there. Good Luck.

OP
OP
B

Brianbarr88

Jun 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went a little off the subject BUT..reader beware, interesting story below!!

Please learn how to probe or properly dig a plug. Make sure you dont need a permit or digging is not allowed. Rules are different from state to state. Some places like federal land is off limits. Having permission is important. Fisher make s a good product. Im looking at the at pro and Minlab Gofind for my son. The weatherproof F44 from fisher too. I would like to know how deep is your deepest targets. Also be ready to dig a lot of trash, so a small coil may help you cherry pick a bit. I hunt tot lots, wood chips is great for coins and rings. Keep your coil close to the ground but dont hit it on stuff. Keep your coil flat and get a slow swing going. Pinpoint can be a snap once you have dug a few targets. You will need to go through a set of batteries, so make sure your not swinging too fast and have good overlap like mowing a yard. Lots of tips and tricks to be found on the website here, and lots of different types of hunts too. Dont be afraid to ask questions, we have all been there. Good Luck.

Thanks for the advice and I will definetly post back tonight or later this evening and share my inside information with personal experience with the FISHER F2.
I just sat in one spot for about 5 minutes thinking I had found something neat, when I seen the bottom of the "Pepsi" can I was thinking it was a big round silver coin but it surely wasn't. It was just the bottom side of a smashed Pepsi can,lol.
But I'm having so much fun regardless, treasure hunting/metal detecting has got to be one of the more exciting hobbys I have now. Before I got my first metal detector I was really into searching for arrowheads because I live in Utah, and the area I lived in prior to moving to Saint George was a small town called Delta.
There just outside of delta, is the west desert Aswell as a few big obsidian beds, so I loved it.
There's also a lot of old historical and even un-searched areas there. The west desert in Utah is insanely awesome: there is so much to do, and there is definetly treasure everywhere out there. A few years ago I found something very odd, I still to this day am unsure of what it was that I found while I was on my first ever arrowhead hunt.
I'll give u guys a breif summary of that evening;
Me, my boy Dustin, and his girl decided to go out and check the obsidian beds out to see if we could find an arrowhead or two, I had never been so I was down to give it go plus I was bored out of my mind in delta, it's really small and if you don't work 24/7 your just sitting around doing nothing or your outdoors. So we took dustins white jimmy and drove out into the west desert by Milford (MILLARD COUNTY)
We got there as the sun was going down, but we had flashlights and supposibly the sunset makes the obsidian shine, then at night fall the flashlights illuminate the obsidian aswell, making it easier to find arrowheads and pieces or whatever else is shiny.
So I get out of the car, start walking around and I'm just ecstatic seeing all the little bits and pieces of obsidian everywhere, I feel lucky like I'm gonna find one. So I continue to look and I get a hand full of what I believe to be some sort of arrowhead or hunting material, and I'm walking some more just randomly where ever the floor beneath me looks good, and I come up to this relatively big silver looking object which at the time I thought was an arrowhead, I run up too it full of excitement and I realize it's not an arrowhead, I quickly backed up and kinda jumped away because what I seen I thought was a big and I mean really big spider. It wasn't moving so I figured it was dead. I continued back towards the object and I look closer and this thing looks like it was Alive at one point and was still very fresh looking(it had a wet look rather than old dried up skin like u would expect from a long dead animal or insect)
So anyway I look closer and closer and I realize it's not a spider, not an arrow head, not anything hard like metal and it wasn't an object, this thing was a living creature at one point in time and the ****ing thing was the color of sterling silver, I swear to God and put it on everything I love, this creature looked like a freaking ALIEN!!!

It had silver in color skin?or whatever it was. And it had this orange almost neon color orange liquid type substance on the top half in what appeared to be eye ball sockets.
It was totally out of this world looking, I couldn't believe what I was looking at so I grabbed a bag and wash cloth and picked it up and brought it over to the vehicle to have a closer look.
I put it onto the front hood of my friends jimmy, and took some photos of it.
After the photos, I put it into a bag and had it with me in the vehicle.
At this point I'm going nuts and telling my two buddies that I found an alien.
They weren't as convinced as I was and I totally bought into it and figured I was just tripping out or was hallucinating maybe. It's a fifty+ mile drive to this spot from where we came from, and it's out in the middle of nowhere, and I do mean nowhere. We drove for a good hour thru sage brush and sand before we even got to the spot.
So as we are leaving I'm looking down at this thing I had in a bag and just going nuts talking about it and saying it was un-earthly like, so my friends got pretty annoyed and at one point I even thought my friend Dustin was going to hit me because I was being annoying.
It got to the point where I figured it was just some insect that died and maybe had gotten frozen and thawed and re frozen over and over again and that's why it looked the way it did.
I threw it out of the window on the trip home. Like an idiot. I never was able to recover this thing or find anything like it on the Internet. I even brought it to my wife's father who is a part of the Millard county sheriff possie, and he does like the searches for missing people in the desert I even think he helped in the case of Susan Powell, supposibly Susan's husband may have dropped her body in the west desert, and even he said himself it's either an Alien or a new species of animal/insect.
I still to this day believe what I had in my possession at that time was from somewhere other than earth. That, or it was created by the military and lost and I found it.
Which, keep in mind, delta Utah is only about 60miles away from the united states of Americas BIGGEST nuclear testing&1st print plant.
It's called DUGWAY.
And believe me, from personal experience and after living in delta Utah for almost 13 years, there is some really strange things that go on out there.there is constantly air crafts and more commonly, strange lights in the sky. Most appear to be orange balls of light that shine as if they were just circuler balls of light flying around.
So don't be so quick to knock what I'm telling you guys off as B.S or made up.
I have to find the photos I have of this thing, I saved them on almost all of my hard drives and Sd cards so it shouldn't be hard to find.
Anyways, fun story and very interesting topic for anybody who's familiar with the area or has had similar experience.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
look forward to seeing photos...around here if there is no photo...it didnt happen.sounds most interesting !!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see a photo too.......for whatever that's worth these days. What "possessed" (pun intended!) you to throw it out the window?? Could it just be you've lived in Delta a bit too long? :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread