Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You see since it has be MT for a few years and you never see no one there ..Myself i would Just go and hunt it .. But that is me i have hunted for 40 some years and hunted places like that and never had a word said to me ... So just grab your detector and go hunt it ..

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check with your county to see who the tax map shows as the owner of record. My county has a GIS linked website and for free I can look up every parcel on both a map and a satellite image.

OP
OP
B

boojagirl

Nov 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my fiance said to just go detect it too but I want to do it right, I'll check with county.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wouldn't want someone on my property digging holes without my permission, just sayin.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Get started right like Charlie P. suggested and go to the county. Good luck,hope you get permission.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
It is slightly (read: just plain old) unethical to hunt without permission. Despite the fact that people do it "all the time", still not quit right. You people do all sorts of stuff "all of the time", but that does not make it right.

Best of luck in your hunt!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I check tax records and if the county owns it...I own it too.I have been hunting old tax repos for many years with zero problems.I take trash with me so I guess I'm cleaning the place up.

hightonehunter

Oct 21, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Elite 2200( First Texas ), Garrett pro pointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might try talking to the neighbors. If it's out in the countryside sometimes farmers will buy the land next to them so someone close will probably be able to point you in the right direction.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to qpublic.net and type in the address or closest one you can find. It will show you a plat map and you should be able to figure out who owns it. I don't know if all 50 states are available but check and see if the area you are wondering about is.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread