Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got home from work just as the package delivery was being placed at my front door...........
Didn't even bother pulling around to the back of the house..........until I saw my wife retrieve the box.
Unfortunately, I've had other work to do every evening cleaning up our rental property, so...........
It's now 10:30 pm and I'm just getting ready to open a new world/experience/hobby/addiction............

Lots to learn................

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any time I find at least clad dimes or quarters, I count that as a successful hunt.

Thanks for that note, White Tornado. It helps to know how others view their hunts........and, in the long run, help me keep my perspective. Realistically, I know every hunt cannot or will not yield the types of treasures that we see here..........

My 7th hunt ......an hour along the north side of our back yard sidewalks, a strip of grass 2 feet by 40 feet.
7th Hunt Metals.jpg I pulled something from every hole (which has not always been the case)........
Also found these.........
7th Hunt Coins.jpg
......and found my first Wheat.........1946.
7th Hunt Wheat.jpg

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been out a few times and finding coins here and there. But, as someone here posted, I also have been finding the requisite pull tabs, foils, cans, nails, screws and other assorted items. I haven't been using the headphones, but will in all future hunts............and it takes more time than I'd like to pull the "finds" from the plugs...........
The Garrett Carrot is on order................

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, as of today, I've found enough "modern" coinage to pay for my next two 4 packs of 9 volt batteries.....................and enough pull tabs that they require their own recycling can.............:BangHead::laughing7:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It won't be long now that one of those pulltabs or nickels will turn out to be mellow yellow! And when it happens it's a feeling you cannot describe with words! I'm in a gold slump but after finding one you will always seek that feeling over and over!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It won't be long now that one of those pulltabs or nickels will turn out to be mellow yellow! And when it happens it's a feeling you cannot describe with words! I'm in a gold slump but after finding one you will always seek that feeling over and over!

Thanks........heck, I'd be thrilled to find my first silver.........lol

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Compadres are fun machines and more capable than many would expect considering the price. You're off to a good start, keep the attitude up when digging trash, it's all part of the game.
luvsdux

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Compadres are fun machines and more capable than many would expect considering the price. You're off to a good start, keep the attitude up when digging trash, it's all part of the game.
luvsdux

If you mean that there's an air of curiosity/excitement every time a plug is turned over............absolutely!! Yep, old coins are the goal, but I've discovered some interesting "relics" along the way.................

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Garrett Carrot arrived late this afternoon........only had about 20 minutes of daylight to play with it and found 3 small rusted bits of old nails in record time!!! Now I can retrieve those pull tabs in just a fraction of the time it used to take!! :laughing7:

Scubaman2

Sep 16, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I enjoy your enthusiasm for the Compadre. It is the detector I own as well and have found a lot of clad with it. Plan to take it out to some old ghost towns this winter which in Las Vegas is a nice time of year to get into the desert. Thanks for getting me fired up again. :unhappysmiley:

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy your enthusiasm for the Compadre. It is the detector I own as well and have found a lot of clad with it. Plan to take it out to some old ghost towns this winter which in Las Vegas is a nice time of year to get into the desert. Thanks for getting me fired up again. :unhappysmiley:

I'm enjoying the learning process. Every time out is a new adventure........
Haven't found any silver in the ground, yet..........but, have found enough clad (10 hours of hunting) to turn it into this at the LCS today.............
MD cash to silver 1.jpg
FREE SILVER!!

Good luck on your outings and safe traveling!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread