Used Minelab Explorer 2 WANTED

Fletch78

Aug 1, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Currently Minelab Gp Extreme, MINELAB GT, American Gold Striker , and Sovereign Elite ! PREVIOUSLY Explorer XS, Whites GMT, Fisher Gold Strike, , Whites XLT, Whites DFX, Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently found one in a pawnshop. I believe that they are an outstanding detector good luck.

OP
OP
F

Fletch78

Aug 1, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Currently Minelab Gp Extreme, MINELAB GT, American Gold Striker , and Sovereign Elite ! PREVIOUSLY Explorer XS, Whites GMT, Fisher Gold Strike, , Whites XLT, Whites DFX, Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanx. Yeah I'm currently using an Explorer XS, love it !

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx. Yeah I'm currently using an Explorer XS, love it !

The old xs is still a better detector than 90 percent of the new detecors. I paid $400 for my xs 5 years ago and just got an ex11 for $275. I also don't think they are any harder to learn than any other. Absolutely the best value in the hobby!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The Exp. II's are amongst the most popular incarnation of the Explorer evolution lineup. Had great sweet sounds (silver just sort of "rings out"). So they tend to get bid up higher than the XS, etrac, SE, etc..... They do come up for sale, but .... be prepared to have competition bidding. Or perhaps you'd get lucky and find one on a regional Craigslist, that no one else sees, and snatch it up cheap from someone who doesn't know the demand as well.

And if you ever find one with a sunray probe on it, SNATCH THAT BABY UP. The probe alone can fetch $300, as that too is a wildly popular add-on that's no longer made. Alas, rest in peace. If I had $10,000, I'd buy up 10 of them JUST to have around to last me the rest of my detecting career.

OP
OP
F

Fletch78

Aug 1, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol. Thanx

Beavertail

Nov 24, 2013
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, minelab equinox 800, e-trac,xterra 305, xterra 705, coiltek wot 7.5-18.75 kHz.
I have an explorer II for sale 4 coils and sunray probe

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Beaver-tail, isn't that the explorer you have listed on Ebay ? Then you can't sell it outside the ebay system before the bid closes, right ? So were you planning to direct the OP to that ebay listing ? And I see that no one's met your minimum so far (as of the time of this post). If for some reason it doesn't sell there when that listing expires tomorrow, and if the OP here doesn't hop on your price, pop me a PM. I am interested. Or .... if you can pop me a PM and tell me what the reserve is, I might go there and put in a bid.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
One can cancel all bids and cancel an ebay auction anytime one wants.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
One can cancel all bids and cancel an ebay auction anytime one wants.

ah, ok. I think I was confusing the in-ability to edit wording/description, once bidding had started. Thanx for clarifying.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread