Thinking about an upgrade

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking of upgrading a metal detector. I'm thinking to upgrade from my Garrett Ace 250 to the Garrett GTI 2500. I've been seeing good deals on ebay and Amazon for not just the detector but some accessories that come with it. Any advice would be helpful towards making a decision. Thanks in advance. GL & HH!!! :skullflag:

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I had one detecting buddy who used the GTI 2500 for several years before he picked up the ATPro. I really don't know why he didn't like the AT, except he kept saying it felt like a toy to him. We weren't finding very much, and I was just learning my ETrac. The last spot we hit together he used the GTI and beat the stuffings out of me.

I bought an Ace250, and gave it to my brother after using it a while. I classify that as a toy. I'd stay with the GTI rather than spending the money on either of those. I'd say from the quality of the GTI, if and only if you want to upgrade, do so with a better than mid-quality machine.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett GTI 2500 is a good detector. It has a nice imaging feature to help with the size of the target, and gets excellent depth. One interesting feature is that you can set it to only respond on deeper targets. You would use that in a location with a lot of modern trash near the surface.

Wayne

Metal Detecting Stuff

OP
OP
krymesolvr93

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ordered the detector a few days ago, should be at the house soon. So pumped to get this thing ready to go and find stuff. :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread