ATgold and Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you watched Pondgurus videos? They are very informative and Relic Dirtyhands are good as well...They are a Canadian Husband/Wife couple who metal detect...They make awesome finds...Steven Grey from England is interesting as well...Nice to watch the videos over the winter to help cabin fever from driving you nuts!

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to find some good videos of the southern tier of PA and NY and NE Ohio

victorysgold

Feb 24, 2008
Durham, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 3.2, Garrett Propointer II,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
X2 on deep digger dan and nuggetnoggin.
WWII History Hunter has some good info too.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I go bananas watching detecting videos, at all times per year...!
Besides the ones already mentioned (I like 'em too!)
Try:

NQExplorers -Australian detecting - good stuff, well done, informative!
Metal detecting in the U.K. - very much fun!
Thiltzy1 - great stuff, colonial, live digs.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite videos are of that one rad guy TheHunterGT....his vids are awesome. :sleepy2::sleepy2::laughing7:

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beau Ouimette. That guy could have his own show.

IndianaHunter27

Oct 28, 2015
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hands down Beau Ouimette, but I also like Dr.Tones24k (Dirtfishing America), plus they have a hilarious sense of humor. Personally I think those guys should have their own show instead of the idiots in "Diggers".

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good thread theme, OP.
I learned about Youtube here on TNET... So i'm definitely a newcomer to the whole thing.

I tune in to Beau Ouimette's channel because the finds are interesting... I expect that I'm alone on this, but there is SOMETHING about him/his mannerisms or -something- that i can't quite put my finger on... I don't know, but something just feels 'off'.

'Nuggetnoggin' sometimes had a nice mix of finds... Most don't interest me besides his occasional colonial relics, and i certainly can't relate to his seemingly obsessive fascination with coke bottles... but his enthusiasm seems genuine and i think that's great. Like someone mentioned above, he has recently developed a tendency to mix a non-detecting related theme into his videos and that is not what i tune in for, so i have moved on. With that being said - it is his channel, he doesn't need my approval, and he can do with it as he wishes - so more power to him!

'Dr. Tones' videos are cool, I particularly like the Idaho/Nevada stuff he does - but i watch and enjoy them all. Dude also seems to put forth a great deal of effort in editing/video quality and that is a definite plus. I enjoy the humor as long as it doesn't detract from the reason i am watching - which is detecting.

Among the best videos in my opinion are some of the ones offered on Garrett's channel (This has -zero- to do with the fact it is Garrett). Steve Moore is a great author and a knowledgeable detectorist- and it probably helps that we share an obsession with Texas History. He seems to be really cut & dry, and the videos seem almost like a documentary. I like the format.

If I had to pick a 'favorite' youtube channel for detecting videos - I'd say hands down it goes to "DigginDeepSouthLA". The guy seems to be a run-of-the-mill good ol' boy who loves digging Louisiana Civil War relics... He seems down to earth and scores some good digs... None of the videos seem 'polished' but you also don't have to sit and watch him dig straight trash.

~Tejaas~

Last edited:

digger34

Apr 1, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett Pro Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nuggetnoggin

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG I hate Diggers…its an insult to our hobby! As for Utube videos? For now, I am watching anything that might help me with my E-trac.

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beau Ouimette, JD's Variety Channel and DrTones24k are the ones I like to watch now. Deep Digger Dan got me hooked when I started but his new ones just don't seem to be the same.

JD's Variety Channel

Dec 27, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Teknetics T2 Special
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beau Ouimette, JD's Variety Channel and DrTones24k are the ones I like to watch now. Deep Digger Dan got me hooked when I started but his new ones just don't seem to be the same.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Pinball! :)

I have tried my best to continue to make my videos better and better as time progresses. If I am excited in a video it's because I LOVE the hobby. I hunt solo most of the time, and sometimes it tricky to keep motivated and energy high. Knowing my audience is rooting me on really helps.

I have been a dealer of old coins since I was a teenager. So coinshooting is my passion, and I love to expand peoples knowledge of coins while I detect and in the wrap ups. As well as putting tutorials up sometimes (I have one coming up shortly)

If I had to pick 2 videos for viewers to watch that haven't seen my channel. I guess they would be the ones below after a quick ponder. I hope all those out there looking, that you give mine a shot. I listen to viewer praise and criticism, and am open to suggestion for the future! =D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread