My latest find.

Sandancer

Jul 18, 2014
Found it at the dump where people leave things they don't want. Looks very old. Anyone know anything about it? Any value? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439221617.915224.jpg

Upvote 0

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Given that it's a VERY basic model, and has only a volume and sensitivity circuitry (analog), I'd say at the most it's worth something similar to the Harbor Freight models. So... about $25-$30 new-ish.

Probably $15-$20 at a garage sale.

If it's working, of course!

Skippy

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sandancer

Sandancer

Jul 18, 2014
I guess I thought it might be a rare early metal detector. It appears very old and I cannot find any images of it on line. It seems to predate when Radio Shack began to using plastic in its housings and I think that was at least 40 years ago.

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're probably right about it being very old. LOL

Here's one one ebay though, with box and docs, it looks like it's going for $25, buy-it-now. It's not quite the same model, but probably still in the same range of capability/age.

radioshacktreasurehunter.png

Any working detector, though, will sell for $15 to $20 at a garage sale. They have a novelty value, and they're fun for kids.

Cheers,

Skippy

As mentioned...

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is cool. Wait a minute.............the wife cleaned out the garage last week.......................:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread