BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, since I am a newbie, I have been keeping everything I find except for a junk ring I gave to a nephew and a few coins I find on the beach while kids are around. I'm still waiting on that one big score to cash in!!! Pawn shop or jewelry store???

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only keep finds that interest me,I sell everything else at the side of the road once a year.I get much more for the jewelry and coins this way,and its been fun.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do this...

Attachments

• scrooge-mcduck-wallpaper-for-640x480-mobile-1380-41.jpg
    scrooge-mcduck-wallpaper-for-640x480-mobile-1380-41.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 86

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everything ends up in the plastic boxes that fishing lures go into. (Execpt trash). I've amassed a small collection of flat pennies! It's fun to see all the stuff that comes out of the ground.

Most of the rings that are decent end up in friends/family/nieces/nephew's possession. I've probably given away 2 dozen good rings this year, along with bracelets, necklaces, etc.

Coins go into mason jars, until I get around to cashing them in (already over $450 this year in clad).

Extremely valuable finds (gold/silver) go into my box where I keep my rings/watches for everyday wear.

-Skippy

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spend the clad. Keep the silver or old coins, buttons and jewelry (give some away if it is in nice shape). The iron "relics" and non-useable items get tossed.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only silver coins I have found were through seeded hunts put on by my local club. I tend to sell them online if they are not something I particularly collect. On real hunts, I haven't found much worth keeping so far, except for clad and one sterling silver ring. I will probably take the ring to a jeweler to get it cleaned, repaired, and sized to fit my daughter's finger. The clad I just deposit at the bank. Never heard of Listia.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to keep a lot of the things I found, but after my CW artifacts collection crowded me out of my garage about 25 years ago, I sold them all, and then it became a slippery slope in which about everything I find is either gifted, bartered, spent, or sold. I keep all the marbles I find, and anything unusual of no value that tells a story. I subscribe to the belief that things own us and we don't own things, and it enhances my level of personal freedom as well as my bank account. Cheers!!

leviathanrick

Mar 31, 2013
Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saved the clad and scrap metal and used it to help pay for my new CTX 3030. All my other valuable and interesting finds I display in cases so I can show people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread