Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hiking style bag for MD'ing

I never hunt in a spot where it is illegal, or private property where I have not asked for permission. I have however learned that not everyone has a positive opinion of MD'ers and others are so curious they never leave my side. So i decided i kind of want to hide my detector when going to public parks & using their paths (usual wooded trails that lead to an old home site).
So I'm looking for a backpack style bag that Will completely cover a MD. Of course i like to have my cake and eat it too, who doesn't? So i would like a bag where I don't have to completely take apart my MD.
I have an At Pro which set up how I detect is 51" long with the coil folded up. And is 38" if just the coil to control box covered. I think shortened as short as possible it is like 45" or something.
So what does everyone use for a bag? Preferably something with no big logos & shoulder straps that I can carry on my bag. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 65 Liter Hiking pack that I use for deep woods hunting.

Holds my detector, shovel, water, food, and all kinds of emergency goodies.

And I just look like a hiker.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive thought about this before as well but the problem is if you don't want to take apart the detector and the bag is sort of long (like the carry bags made for them) then some people may mistake it as you carrying in a rifle..

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought the Fisher long backpack. Works great and looks like your carrying a regular pack.

Attachments

• 12-cbpf-1f.jpg
    12-cbpf-1f.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread