Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are hunting gold nuggets it is a great machine. If you are NOT hunting GOLD NUGGETS, then you want a different machine like the AT Pro

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone used a At Gold Metal Detector by Garrett. Not sure if they are any good. I would sure like some input on what to buy.

Thanks
What type of hunting are you wanting to do? Give us an idea and we can better help you...

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I use the AT Gold as my primary detector and feel it is a good all around machine. I've had mine since January and have found over $300.00 in clad, several silver coins and over 30 pieces of jewelry including many rings. I mainly hunt parks, wooded areas and in freshwater lakes but have also taken it to the beach with good results in dry sand. The small DD coil is great for trashy areas and getting under bushes. Most of my finds have been at 3 to 6 inches down but I did get a silver quarter at 12 inches after it rained all night once. Many of my treasure hunting friends own the AT Pro and I do just as well as they do with the coins but seem to do a lot better with finding jewelry and relics. Maybe the higher frequency helps with this. Someday I'll use it for prospecting but for now I am having fun using it as an all purpose detector. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ATP and ATG were a might unstable when they first came out but that has been cleared up. Trouble is some dealers still sell the older stock. I am not a fan of the AT's and think there are much better detectors out there. You should check on the Tesoro's. TEJON.PNG An read this book before you make a big mistake. Tejon book.PNG

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone used a At Gold Metal Detector by Garrett. Not sure if they are any good. I would sure like some input on what to buy.

Thanks

What type of treasure hunting is your main focus?

OP
OP
T

taskinner

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input on detectors....... Happy Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input on detectors....... Happy Hunting
If you tell us more about what type of hunting you to do do and where we can help you more..

fiddleworm

Jun 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been reading or lurking on here for a few years and I think I need to try something before it's too late. My last living aunt on my moms side is living on the old home place . My grandpa bought the place in the 30s and was a farmer / bootlegger after he died one of my uncles got out of prison for bootlegging and moved in with my grandma.They have all died and it's in court , some of my cousins want the place sold to get their little share of money ! It's just about impossable to round up all the heirs , anyway you guys know the rest of the story ,I don't think the place has ever been Searched outside the house and probably not inside very well. My old aunt doesn't let folks in . I have never even seen a MD up close or held one. and at 65 yo with a bad back need a light one /any suggestions? I want to keep it under 350 / if possible . The whole place has changed but I remember where old fences ran and where the old barn and outhouse used to be / reading all these stories have got me thinking , no telling what could have been hidden , dropped on ground or all the limitless things that could be on the land thanks for any replies! Curious in alabama

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been reading or lurking on here for a few years and I think I need to try something before it's too late. My last living aunt on my moms side is living on the old home place . My grandpa bought the place in the 30s and was a farmer / bootlegger after he died one of my uncles got out of prison for bootlegging and moved in with my grandma.They have all died and it's in court , some of my cousins want the place sold to get their little share of money ! It's just about impossable to round up all the heirs , anyway you guys know the rest of the story ,I don't think the place has ever been Searched outside the house and probably not inside very well. My old aunt doesn't let folks in . I have never even seen a MD up close or held one. and at 65 yo with a bad back need a light one /any suggestions? I want to keep it under 350 / if possible . The whole place has changed but I remember where old fences ran and where the old barn and outhouse used to be / reading all these stories have got me thinking , no telling what could have been hidden , dropped on ground or all the limitless things that could be on the land thanks for any replies! Curious in alabama

In that case the Tesoro Silver uMax would probably be a good choice. It is featherlight and you can get a pinpoInter and still be under $350

pres72

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2015
Northwest AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newbie here and my question is probably obvious to the experienced hunters. How do I set my detector properly? Bounty Hunter but it seems to read everything and I find nothing even though it shows coins found. What do I need to do to correct it? Thanks for any advice for the old man!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Newbie here and my question is probably obvious to the experienced hunters. How do I set my detector properly? Bounty Hunter but it seems to read everything and I find nothing even though it shows coins found. What do I need to do to correct it? Thanks for any advice for the old man!

Go to the BH forum. I'm sure someone can help you out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread