New site, new detector. Tips?

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tomorrow I'm going to a friend's house to hunt. This property has an old house site on it. The house is gone now but who knows what's in the ground? I don't normally do relic hunting at all and any tips for finding something other than square nails would be useful. Thanks in advance!! GL & HH!!!:skullflag:

Upvote 0

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not much different than anything else really, if it sounds good dig it. I dig it even if it sounds bad. Always something underneath. Good luck

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Greetings from Boston. Welcome to TNet. First, JOIN A CLUB near you. You will then meet all the other guys in your area and gain all types of useful info on how and where to dig. Also there are guys here who may live in your area as well ok. Second, DIG EVERYTHING at an old hoiuse sight. You'll be amazed at what comes up ok. Good Hunting. PEACE:RONB

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tomorrow I'm going to a friend's house to hunt. This property has an old house site on it. The house is gone now but who knows what's in the ground? I don't normally do relic hunting at all and any tips for finding something other than square nails would be useful. Thanks in advance!! GL & HH!!!:skullflag:
I'd start by cutting weeds and brush as close to the ground as possible and removing any surface metals you see. If the iron is overwhelming, pick a likely 10' X 10' area, (such as by the front door or under the afternoon shade of a big tree) and dig every target. You can then decide if it was worth the trouble to do the rest of the property.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions