ACE 350 or Go-Find 60?

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Howdy folks.

I started several years ago with an ACE 350, and after 2 or 3 months of use i added an AT Pro and AT Gold to the inventory. The ACE 350 is still hanging around as a "backup" machine that never gets used.

Im looking for input and opinions here.... Im absolutely satisfied with the PRO and GOLD, but lately I've been considering experimenting with some of the Minelab stuff.

Would selling/trading my ACE 350 for a Minelab Go-Find 60 be for the better or worse?

I view the 350 as a competitive contender for entry-level general purpose hunting.... Does the Go-Find 60 meet or exceed the ACE 350 in this role?

Keep in mind, im simply considering turning one price-point comparable machine into another by a different manufacturer to merely test the waters... Pretty much a no-investment-required trial run...

Any input is appreciated!

~Tejaas~

Upvote 0

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Go-Find series of detectors are basic entry level machines. I believe the Ace 350 will suit you much better. More options more accessories.

MakingMemories

Jul 31, 2015
Pembroke Pines
Detector(s) used
Whites 4900D, Whites 5900D, Whites 6000Di, Whites Eagle II SL, Minelab Exterra 305, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
^ Agreed I have an Ace 350 and it isnt a bad side machine. I think you would be downgrading by getting the other one.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the 60 will give you little to no insight on using a minelab.it was designed specifically to NOT be like a minelab.very slight learning curve etc.Cant help but feel you could do the same thing,huck in a few bucks and try a used explorer or even an xterra and learn more.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say keep the 350. Watched some Youtube videos with the go finds and was not impressed at all.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always recommend to trade up, not down or sideways.

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for all the feedback folks...

I managed to find some videos of the Go-Find 60... Apparently pinpointing is sketchy at best, it has a serious durability issue at the extendable arm rest, and i found this interesting - Minelab apparently doesnt even put their logo on the machine...? I found an article suggesting that the "Go-Find" models may become a standalone brand or whatnot.

The ACE 350 is now listed on Ebay.

Thanks again dudes.

~Tejaas~

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems pretty cut and dry. you're NOT using the ACE350... you MIGHT use the Minelab Go-Find 60. If it's just collecting dust, trading out to try out a new machine seems a no-brainer.

I say go for it.

-Skippy

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Except, after he does use it, and finds it's no better than the 350 he just got rid of (and certainly no better than the At Pro he's using), the Go-60 will now be collecting dust in the closet. I'd bank the money for a better upgrade or other gear I might need.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A step up from the Pro would be spending a fee bucks. I would ditch the 350 and go for the CTX. That was my transistion and it was awesome once i found a program that was similar to the ATP sounds

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Except, after he does use it, and finds it's no better than the 350 he just got rid of (and certainly no better than the At Pro he's using), the Go-60 will now be collecting dust in the closet. I'd bank the money for a better upgrade or other gear I might need.

Yes..> I agree with this assessment. Best SELL the ACE350, and bank it for another upgrade!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread