Coil recommendation

MasonRoberson

Aug 23, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
Garret products! Love them!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello! I want some help picking which coil I want to get with in the next few months. I have the ACE 250 and have done well with it and the stock coil, but I feel it just does not get the 100% depth i'm wanting what coil do you guys think I should get that will get me very good depth for coins and other things of that sort! HH

Upvote 0

chevyman75

Dec 22, 2013
clarion, pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter discovery 1100
discovery 3000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know much about that machine but i do know the bigger the coil the deeper it goes but you loose on evenly searching and pin pointing if its a semi trashy or really trashy area .

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
If you're not getting the 100% depth you're wanting you should choose a different detector. The stock coil on the Ace is quite big, I have used it and was very very disappointed with it.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New machine not a coil. You will invest $130 in a coil and still not be happy as the machine is an entry level device. At which point you will have a machine and a coil that can not be easily sold (you have to take a big loss) when you realize you need to upgrade the machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread