Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didja' ever?

Find a nice coin , put it in your pocket and find that you had lost it again before you had a chance to examne it? I did that yesterday. Was in the park near the washrooms and found a dime. I didn't look at it closely but got the impression it was pre '64 ( I can't read the dates on a dime without a magnifying glass due to poor vision). So, I put it in my jeans pocket to examine after I got home. I have a cold and pulled a hanky out of that same pocket later on. When I got home guess what was missing? Yep, no dime as I apparently pulled it out with the hanky and lost it again! I have been trying to score on silver for about 3 weeks now with no luck. Broke my heart. It's only a dime but gee whiz. I am going to have to find a better way to transport my findings other than my pants pocket. Need something that fastens, perhaps a plastic ziplock bag? I have an old sock that the partner was lost in the wash that I toss all my clad pennies in after examining them. (Where does that other sock go? I accused my wife of having a one legged boy friend!) Just a thought. I think about weird things like , Why is it that when you put a hat on after a little while it feels like you don't have it on? But if you take it off it still feels like you have it on? ??? Why is that?

Upvote 0

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Re: Didja' ever?

At least a plastic bag would be easier to re-find if it fell out. Since most people aren't in the habit of randomly picking up trash, you may have had a good shot of it still being there if no one noticed there was a dime inside. Gives a whole new meaning to "dime bag".

BTW I have first hand experience on the hat thing as well... very strange

Dudes

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Was it a left sock or a right sock?

I'm usually wearing a carpenters belt with multiple pouches when I'm hunting so it's the standard cash/trash division between pouches. and tools are likewise in different pouches. If I think the coin is good, it can go in a pocket that is otherwise unused or one of the film cannisters I carry to some old sites.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Jim, I know a lotta people use some kind of carpenter apron. I have a nylon shotshell bag that I use. Picked it up from Zanders. I posted a pic of it on here somewhere. Handy cause it clips to any belt or even jean pocket, has spring loaded top that can stay oen or push closed, and has zipper in bottom for easier dumping afterwards-especially after washing stuff while still in pouch. dirt washes off coins stay in.

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's

i need to take care of mine better also.i usually use my jacket pockets and i know it will cost me one day.better get somethin soon.

bigrig

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana

Ive got a special pouch with special zippered pocket for good finds. Tha sucks, but hey find it again. It should be closer to the surface now

F

foolserrand

I use a 2 pocket heavy cotton canvas military surplus type pouch that i modified (removed the small pocket flap & closing fastners &added a thin leather lip on the big pocket with a wire inside the lip so it can be held open). Also when i find a "keeper" .... it gets wrapped in paper & goes into a special pocket that is just for good finds.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have a short sleeve turkey hunting vest with many velcro pockets that I might break out and try. The velcro makes too much noise when you unfasten it for turkey hunting. I might give that a try as it can carry tools too. And the plastic bag was an afterthought I didn't have one with me when I lost the dime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread