New Android app for Metal Detecting

FindsBuddy

Nov 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi guys,
this week had some free time so I decided to create another app for metal detecting.
I know that most of you wont even turn on the phone while detecting but anyway, here we go:
The app is free, no disturbing ads, very easy to use and it replaces (in part) the old good paper notebook.
I did not wanted to add other features because i think the faster and easy the better, however i can add any type of feature if i get a good amount of requests, or if you have any idea for a new app just hit me up :skullflag:

For now, the only planned update will be to add the ability to choose from different metal detectors as VID may vary from machine to machine.

So what this app does?

ID Tracker For Metal Metecting can be used to associate a number (target ID displayed on Metal Detector) to a specific object, it is usefull to study how the metal detector reacts to different objects.
By adding new objects to the database you create a powerfull yet simple database filled with target Id/Object associations.
You can use these informations in many ways, mainly to understand what kind of object you are going to dig or NOT.
If the target ID displayed in your metal detector is stable, take note of it and dig it.
Then write the target ID in the first white space (squares), select from the list what object it was and press the save button.
You can either choose an object from the list or create a new custom object.
Custom objects will be automatically added to the objects list so the next time you find a similar object it will be already in the list.
If the target ID is not stable (jumping ID) and you want to dig it out anyway, use the same procedure but also input the second target ID in the second white space, for example (60-68)
You have just created an association target ID/Object.
Associations can be found by opening the objects list from the main menu.

The app can be downloaded from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedomapps.targetidtracker

Another app I created is named FindsBuddy, basically a GPS tracker for Metal Detecting but i need to update it as it has some bugs and it is not free for now.

(Link removed by mod, can't sell unless a charter member)

Let me know what you think, here some screenshots.

I apologize for my English, this is the best i can do, i live in Italy :icon_thumleft:

Screenshot_2015-09-03-09-08-21.png Screenshot_2015-09-03-09-12-44.png Screenshot_2015-09-03-09-12-51.png Screenshot_2015-09-03-09-12-57.png Screenshot_2015-09-03-09-13-17.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread