cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't use any of the ones you listed, but, if I was forced to choose.......The AT Gold if there was any water involved, The Eureka otherwise.

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
Drizzt: Welcome to T-Net! I don't have the experience to help you, but many others here can.

Log-in often and you will be surprised what you can learn.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Good question. Most professional nugget hunters I know use Minelabs. Specifically the GPX 4500, GPX 5000, and the GPZ 7000. I like the gold machines from Garrett, White's, or Fisher, and they may fit your circumstances better. It really depends on whether you are going to after gold as your primary target of if you want a good all-around machine you can also use for coin and relic hunting, or in some cases may want to identify possible hot spots for the sluice or drywasher. The various primary purposes would affect my decision, should I be in the market for a new detector.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello -

As mentioned, the PI machines from Minelab with their GPX series is top notch, but the king is their new GPZ 7000. Stepping to the VLF side of the performance spectrum, I'd suggest the Minelab Eureka Gold or the Fisher Gold Bug II as the options to find your smaller gold targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions