I ask for help in the search for a treasure hidden in a house!

Rifrik

Greenie
Sep 9, 2015
Detector(s) used
JeoHunter 3D Dual System
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I would like some advices for a research that I intend to make. In particular I would like to know which GPR or gold detector is more appropriate to find a hidden treasure (box of gold jewelry) in a large, messy and old house full of junk made of metal, aluminum, steel, copper and iron that disturb the research for gold hidden. Most likely the treasure was hidden (or buried) in the walls made of tufa and stone bricks (there are also concrete with iron reinforcement, water pipes and electrical conduits), in walled cellars or cavity, under a walled and cemented floor. Which device is most suitable for my research? What do you recommend buying? GPR or gold detector? and which model? I tried for years to find it using the garret ace 350 without success and now I'm trying the JeoHunter 3D Dual System (Makro), but unfortunately even with this instrument the research is confused and full of false targets. Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok Thank you! Where can I find a MRT for my research?
Mr.T is a member here that recommended using a black light to help identify fresh breaks or repairs to masonry, drywall, ceramics, and the like. A black light is usually very inexpensive and can be purchased in many places. There again, search online or at your local WalMart or Halloween shop.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 86

briguy

Jun 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Invite some other treasure hunter to help you find it for a percent. That will get you all the help you need. If your here in Southern California I would love to help.

OP
OP
R

Rifrik

Greenie
Sep 9, 2015
Detector(s) used
JeoHunter 3D Dual System
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr.T is a member here that recommended using a black light to help identify fresh breaks or repairs to masonry, drywall, ceramics, and the like. A black light is usually very inexpensive and can be purchased in many places. There again, search online or at your local WalMart or Halloween shop.

Thank you!

OP
OP
R

Rifrik

Greenie
Sep 9, 2015
Detector(s) used
JeoHunter 3D Dual System
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Invite some other treasure hunter to help you find it for a percent. That will get you all the help you need. If your here in Southern California I would love to help.

thank you very much, but unfortunately I am not American. And frankly I'm afraid to tell this story to other people, because the house is abandoned for years and someone could destroy it to find this treasure.

pull_tab21

Feb 9, 2012
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'll you can tell the story and not reveal it's location though...lol

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it were me I would grid off the house and search it systematically. If someone hid it then most likely I would think that it would be somewhere they could easily retrieve when they chose to do so.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Becoming the one who hid the box may be easier than a detector machine.
How often if ever was box checked or opened...
Where did he sleep and could know the box was secure?
Behind the medicine cabinet? Under the fireplace? Behind a removable board where stairs land? In the floor under a short board, or vent, in between ceiling and basement?
Or between lower ceiling and upper floor? The toilet supply tank if one existed?
Reachable and watchable close sounds good. Or outside the window perhaps.
A place to be un noticed and have privacy while placing it or recovering it while others were around...even in the house at the same time.
The basement floor or a large pipe or drain going nowhere there if a long term cache.
:dontknow:

Last edited:

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck with this.
You could try the Dewalt Dct419s1 12-volt Handheld Wall Scanner

Skip ahead to 6:50 to see it in action.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes your' eyes and senses as well as a small hammer or mallet is all if needed! Look for likely locations and use the small hammer or mallet to knock on walls and floors to determine differences in the sound which could indicate a void in either.

Frank

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy an automotive inspection camera, they are like cheap bore cams and a half inch drill bit. After you drill holes in all the walls and check them you get to learn how to repair small holes, but you wont have that I should of regret.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread