I ask for help in the search for a treasure hidden in a house!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: I ask for help in the search for a treasure hidden in a house!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Sep 2015
    JeoHunter 3D Dual System
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I ask for help in the search for a treasure hidden in a house!

Hi, I would like some advices for a research that I intend to make. In particular I would like to know which GPR or gold detector is more appropriate to find a hidden treasure (box of gold jewelry) in a large, messy and old house full of junk made of metal, aluminum, steel, copper and iron that disturb the research for gold hidden. Most likely the treasure was hidden (or buried) in the walls made of tufa and stone bricks (there are also concrete with iron reinforcement, water pipes and electrical conduits), in walled cellars or cavity, under a walled and cemented floor. Which device is most suitable for my research? What do you recommend buying? GPR or gold detector? and which model? I tried for years to find it using the garret ace 350 without success and now I'm trying the JeoHunter 3D Dual System (Makro), but unfortunately even with this instrument the research is confused and full of false targets. Thank you very much!
    Last edited by Rifrik; Sep 19, 2015 at 12:11 PM.

us
    OIF05+OEF08, 101st ABN DIV.

Dec 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
    608 times
    Metal Detecting
    Rent a Bulldozer...
    basque-man and T.C. like this.

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    1146 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifrik View Post
    Hi, I would like some advices for a research that I intend to make. In particular I would like to know which GPR or gold detector is more appropriate to find a hidden treasure (box of gold jewelry) in a large, messy and old house full of junk made of metal, aluminum, steel, copper and iron that disturb the research for gold hidden. Most likely the treasure was hidden (or buried) in the walls made of tufa and stone bricks (there are also concrete with iron reinforcement, water pipes and electrical conduits), in walled cellars or cavity, under a walled and cemented floor. Which device is most suitable for my research? What do you recommend buying? GPR or gold detector? and which model? Thank you!
    Your best allies are your eyes and brain.
    Having said that, a decent discrimination detector will do the job. Nothing will see through the walls though.
    Rifrik likes this.
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

Sep 2015
    JeoHunter 3D Dual System
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu21 View Post
    Rent a Bulldozer...
    Too much expensive. The house is very large, I should destroy it completely, not worth it

ie
    Sep 2010
    France
    ACE 250,
    288 times
    Try searching the walls under uv light. Blacklight will show any newer pointing in old brickwork. Also check the coal or fuel bunker. Good luck.!
    Rifrik and T.C. like this.
    The body wants to go back in time, the heart lives for today and the mind thinks about the future.

us
    OIF05+OEF08, 101st ABN DIV.

Dec 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
    608 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifrik View Post
    Too much expensive. The house is very large, I should destroy it completely, not worth it
    I know... it was a joke. But any how from the way you put it. It would seem impossible to locate the treasure with a detector.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7950 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    How do you know there is actually treasure to be found? A GPR would be the way to go if you know how to read one. It will give shapes instead of beeping at every piece of metal.
    Avitech Associate

Something new is coming, the Cygnus, don't be left behind. A 22nd century detector for 21st century detectorists.

us
    Nov 2013
    Long Island
    CTX 3030, Xp Deus, That's it, I'm done.
    2260 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Knock on the wall and listen.
    Rifrik likes this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10070 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    If the walls are full of pipes, wires, rebar, etc.... you are pretty much scr#wed. You might try an old Compass 77b or 94b, purposefully de-tuned. They rejected all small iron as if it wasn't even there. But would sound off quick nicely on can-sized objects or larger.
    Rifrik likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    5950 times
    Make it a year long project and be very detailed in your search. You have a lot of trash to go through. Other than that almost impossible
    Rifrik likes this.
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

Sep 2015
    JeoHunter 3D Dual System
    My aunt told me shortly before his death, but because of poor health she was unable to tell me the exact spot. That house is now mine and before selling it I would find the treasure.
    Last edited by Rifrik; Sep 20, 2015 at 01:40 PM.

Sep 2015
    JeoHunter 3D Dual System
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    How do you know there is actually treasure to be found? A GPR would be the way to go if you know how to read one. It will give shapes instead of beeping at every piece of metal.
    My aunt told me shortly before his death, but because of poor health she was unable to tell me the exact spot. That house is now mine and before selling it I would find the treasure.
    Last edited by Rifrik; Sep 20, 2015 at 01:39 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Diggin up TEXAS!

Sep 2009
    Fort Worth,Texas
    CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
    3692 times
    Sounds like tall tales... If you think its there, do what makes sense

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    5950 times
    Just take some time for it since you own it.....
    Diggin-N-Dumps likes this.
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2011
    NE Ohio
    CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
    538 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    You could find someone with a CTX 3030 or etrac and build a program rejecting everything except the nickel range. Gold can hit anywhere but there will be some in that nickel range.

So you won't hear your iron pipes, copper wiring, nails, etc.
    Mr.T likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links