Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't get another coil for that piece of junk for goodness sake. Get another brand, any other brand will do! If you're in a hole, don't keep digging.

that explains your alias I guess..:dontknow:

OP
OP
MasonRoberson

MasonRoberson

Aug 23, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
Garret products! Love them!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Alright after some thinking and debate im going to attempt to get the AT Pro, but im going to have to find a deal from someone or something because I getting 300 bucks and I will sell the Ace 250 for 200 because its in good condition and I have the box for it still and a rain cover for it so yes now the only thing I need help with is finding someone who will sell me one for 500

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright after some thinking and debate im going to attempt to get the AT Pro, but im going to have to find a deal from someone or something because I getting 300 bucks and I will sell the Ace 250 for 200 because its in good condition and I have the box for it still and a rain cover for it so yes now the only thing I need help with is finding someone who will sell me one for 500
Check your PMs.

If you wish to sell your Ace 250 here you will need to join as a Charter Member as only CM and supporting vendors can sell here...

Last edited:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

My advice... sell some other stuff and save up about $350, and add that to the clad you find with your 250. You can find a used AT Pro for that price. Once you get your AT Pro (or other detector), then sell your Ace 250 on ebay or craigslist.

I found my AT Pro for $350 on craigslist like new in box, but it did not include headphones and that was another $50.

There is nothing wrong with the Ace 250, it's not a "piece of junk" as someone else stated. If you locate a cheap 11"x8.5" DD coil for it, it is very easy to identify bottle caps and it helps in trashy areas.

The pro is nicer because it's waterproof, and the tones are shorter and change in volume to provide depth... so you get a lot more information about where the target is and what it is without needing to watch the display.

I almost never use the display on my AT Pro, but on my Ace 350 I had to watch depth constantly to determine if an object was large or small, shallow or deep. That is all I meant by being painful to go back to... sort of like driving with one eye closed. The main reason I purchased the AT Pro is so that I could detect in the water (which I do about twice a week).

Definitely do not sell your only detector until you have a replacement... if you do that you may get discouraged, or make a hasty choice on a detector just to get another detector.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MasonRoberson

MasonRoberson

Aug 23, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
Garret products! Love them!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've already made a deal with someone I'm going to get an AT Pro finally thank you guys for the help and tips

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread