We found a bag full of silver coins in a field!!! Our first cache find!!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
well done video!Great video editing (music , splicing, capturing digs and "the moments", etc...). Very fun to watch!

After seeing those 1700s & 1800s stuff turn up at the start of the video, it was rather confusing to see a coin purse/baggie of coins from the 1960s show up. The giveaway that it wasn't a long-buried loss, was that the cloth baggie and string wasn't corroded. If it had been from the 1800s, it would have long since decayed leaving only the coins, and a few threads in the hole.

DaveC19

Greenie
Sep 14, 2015
Schaumburg, Il
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi friends!! Metal detected a field today and dug up an old bag full of coins!! EEEEEEEEEEE and YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://youtu.be/4leLs99GdNE

Thank you for coming along and happy hunting!!

Good find!

How come coins show up in farm fields? I notice you have allot of luck in farm fields. Were those the locations of something else in the past like an old town or something?

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not know you were on this site, I have been subbed to your youtube channel for years!!! I watch the video earlier today congrats on the find!!!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow those are real sharp looking too. they must have stayed pretty dry! good job

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super 1798 LC and relics ! Gotta love those corn and hay fields :occasion14:

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro; White's VX3, MXT All Pro, Treasure Pro, Treasuremaster, MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everybody!! Yes - seems like the coins definitely stayed dry as the soil there was very fluffy/sandy....Tom - how crazy is it to find coins in one day with the oldest being 1798 and the newest 1969!! So weird! But I agree - likely the bag was lost there fairly recently as this area still sees quite a bit of foot traffic, especially during hunting season....Dave - I think we are finding so many coins in our fields up here because they are all really old...people probably harvested by hand back then which would account for a lot of lost items. Many of the cornfields and hay fields we hunt date back to the 1700s, which is pretty amazing. It's our favorite location to hunt for sure - nothing beats a wide open field in my opinion. Thank you for watching and sharing this little adventure with us, everybody!

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bag of coins, that deserves a picture!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt! Who'd of thought Kennedy halves would be buried along a cornfield.

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro; White's VX3, MXT All Pro, Treasure Pro, Treasuremaster, MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what makes this hobby SO exciting - you just really never know what you will find!! That little cache was definitely a HUGE surprise and the last thing we expected to surface....thank you very much for watching and wishing you the best of hunting!

Nice hunt! Who'd of thought Kennedy halves would be buried along a cornfield.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome. Love your video's. Even the music. I share your excitement.:occasion14:

guyusdigus

Tenderfoot
Apr 14, 2014
CENTRAL NJ
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO / GARRETT 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find!

How come coins show up in farm fields? I notice you have allot of luck in farm fields. Were those the locations of something else in the past like an old town or something?

some of those fields have been farmed for more then 200 years...sooner or later you're going to drop something

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds again you 2!!! I hoping that little bag was full of seated!!!!! Thats ok; SILVER!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread