MasonRoberson

Aug 23, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
Garret products! Love them!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a question. How do you guys display your finds? I'v been detecting for about six months now and I absolutely love it. I was always into being outdoors and I love history so much, I would do countless hours of research on the internet about certain history events, and topics, but anyways I was wondering what you guys use to display your finds even though i'v only been detecting for six months I have bags and box's full of relics and finds that I have found and wanted to label them and display them! Thank you :) Happy Hunting.

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use printer drawers hung in the garage for most of my cool digs and relics. I have purchased some picture frame displays that I will put together in the winter months. One is going to be for all the scouting items I dug to date. I frequent the yard sales, Goodwill and Salvation Army stores looking for the display frames. I pay pennies on the dollar.

20150909_204806.jpg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use printer drawers hung in the garage for most of my cool digs and relics. I have purchased some picture frame displays that I will put together in the winter months. One is going to be for all the scouting items I dug to date. I frequent the yard sales, Goodwill and Salvation Army stores looking for the display frames. I pay pennies on the dollar.

View attachment 1216533

I did one of those once for a property in Maine...
Smaller than yours pictured.
I used a piece of plexi glass to "seal" it.
They work great and look really cool.

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i use the glass display cases made of lik a cardboard...with the cotton inside to lay my relics and such...as for coins i have a few books and i catolog my finds..what machine, the month and year of the find and what property and where it was found. thats just as fun as finding the stuff!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my display case for water finds..

280b888b941f2b3192ab38045ec79642.jpg

7aeacca0e75f4253ffeb0a5d607c692f.jpg

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
A $30 yard sale coffee table with the top cut open with a router and a piece of thick glass installed. It had 2 drawers originally and I kept the drawer fronts but hinged them at the bottom and installed locks to make it easy to add or remove stuff. Not everything was found with a metal detector. Some was found at estate auctions and antique shops.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Civil War display table.JPG
    Civil War display table.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 126

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only display my relics and oddities. All the valuable are keep out of site. It's not like we have a lot of visitors, but I'd hate to have the valuables out just incase we are ever burglarized.

dogteam

Jul 31, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro, 8" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i use the glass display cases made of lik a cardboard...with the cotton inside to lay my relics and such...as for coins i have a few books and i catolog my finds..what machine, the month and year of the find and what property and where it was found. thats just as fun as finding the stuff!

Yep, I use those for arrowheads, I believe they are called Riker boxes. Come in all sizes, fairly cheap online...best for storage, not so pretty for display. For some reason there are always good unused shadow boxes at the local GW, make nice wall displays.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recommend Custom Displays
Custom Displays- Ready to hang, hardwood display cases
Altho I don't have one yet, my research has these as the best available,
and although expensive, they are well made, using the best wood, felt, etc.
Certainly a great gift item, too.
Check 'em out!

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another option, just thinking out loud...

You could photograph them and just have a running loop display them on a spare computer.
Put the originals away in numbered bags and envelopes, etc.
This approach also allows you to more easily keep track of what was found where, etc...

Although - the approach doesn't make for much conversation when friends and family come over.
Maybe for that, you could select just some "choice finds" and display them in a small curio cabinet or something.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a little off topic but I noticed that you said you use the internet for your research and while it is a very useful tool, no doubt, you should always check out your local Library....There are many old books, maps and periodicals that may have information that is not on the internet that may prove useful...Also ask the elderly...They may have knowledge on great sites such as picnic sites and fair grounds...it is funny, when I was growing up there were many seniors who were born in the 1800s...Now, there are very few left in the world who were born pre 1900....Hard to believe and sad really...

Last edited:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1216533

My wife won't let me put " that junk " in our house either. Joking aside, I have most of my finds on a large wall in my shop. That is were I run my contracting business from and spend most of my time. My clients love to look at them. I use shadow boxes with white quilt batting for the CW relics and hot glue the normal relics to the wall. The bullets, I put in cases similar to yours with glass doors. I stand at that wall and drink coffee every morning and wish I would win the lotto. Lol

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife won't let me put " that junk " in our house either. Joking aside, I have most of my finds on a large wall in my shop. That is were I run my contracting business from and spend most of my time. My clients love to look at them. I use shadow boxes with white quilt batting for the CW relics and hot glue the normal relics to the wall. The bullets, I put in cases similar to yours with glass doors. I stand at that wall and drink coffee every morning and wish I would win the lotto. Lol

Now that's funny, but I was allocated a little cubby hole in the craft room, "out-of-sight" wall that is where these can go when it gets cold. I spend more time in the garage or on the deck in the warmer months so I mounted it where I did. I do need to find another display frame for all my time related finds. Pocket watches, clock gears, watches, etc. While posting this I realized that I have enough dog tags to use a normal frame to put together another display. I bet having your finds at work just feeds the MD passion. Wouldn't we all like to win the lottery...

Baja

Sep 9, 2015
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll -
Minelab CTX-3030 -
White's Spectra V3i -
w/ Sun Ray DX-1 probe -
Fisher F75 ProArc -
w/ Sun Ray Invader FX-1 probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S

stefen

A change bowl and a bucket in the barn...

Oh, and my wife's fingers...:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread