Upvote 0

victhedog

Jun 24, 2008
Stroudsburg Monroe co. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Specra V3I, Whites Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you guys been out and about in the woods detecting and came across somethimg scary or creepy? I like to stay out of deep woods because with my luck I would come a cross some murder scene or something. ( kidding of corse ) but seriously leave some stories im intrested in reading them.

Detect in the woods all the time, seen snakes,bears, and not much more that would be creepy???

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd rather detect out in the woods any day, Now in "civilization", that is where you will see some creepy stuff!

OP
OP
MasonRoberson

MasonRoberson

Aug 23, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
Garret products! Love them!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is very true though nowadays l.cutler

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just usually come across feces with maggots and ravaged animal carcass. Nothing to scary, but I have been to some abandoned houses that really give me a queasy feeling.

The Dirt Fisherman

Oct 2, 2015
Greensboro NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta/Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
be careful out there. I almost fell into an open well once. it was covered with sticks and leaves (almost like a trap). turns out I stumbled on to an old house site. it was kind of creepy to me cause all I could think about was the movie "the Ring" lol. I was also with a friend once and he was digging a hole and his shovel went through the dirt and fell into a concrete room. never got it back lol. there was nothing in it but 2 pipes so it was probably some sort of septic setup. still crazy though.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just my neighbors.

C2TAJ.jpg

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting a field on the edge of a school yard near some old houses, when I got a good signal, and recovered a live 357 round.

Not that big of deal, glad I didn't smack the primer when I was digging, pocketed it and got another hit, and then 3 more, all in a small area, all live 357 rounds.

I started getting a feeling someone was watching me, I looked around and didn't see anyone, just a couple creepy old houses. The next signal was a slammer, and I could see a small depression over the target, as if something was buried there.

Immediately I assumed it was a pistol.....murder weapon....someone emptied the cylinder, and buried the evidence. So I mentally marked the spot, acted like I didn't hear anything and left it.

Curiosity got the better of me a month later, I returned determined to dig it, but I couldn't find the spot.

Sorry....that's the end.....for now :dontknow:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One time I was at a site where there was a tragedy over a 120 years ago. You had to walk a few miles to get to the place. When I took off my headphones for a break, all I could hear was a deathly silence...not a bird, nothing...That gave me the creeps. Never went back..

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detecting around 0200 in the am at one of our ghost towns a few summers ago. I can see if anyone is coming in all directions for miles. Walking along, headphones on and feel a hard tug on my sweatshirt from behind me! I drop my shovel, machine and turn with my pistol in hand to see...........NOT A DARN THING!!!! Then I swear I hear a child giggling..............needless to say I left!!!!!!!!!:icon_pale:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Metal detecting around 0200 in the am at one of our ghost towns a few summers ago. I can see if anyone is coming in all directions for miles. Walking along, headphones on and feel a hard tug on my sweatshirt from behind me! I drop my shovel, machine and turn with my pistol in hand to see...........NOT A DARN THING!!!! Then I swear I hear a child giggling..............needless to say I left!!!!!!!!!:icon_pale:

Now that would creep me out!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I see a lot of animal carcasses and sometimes a samsquatch! Lol

Perses

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites TRX bullseye Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was in the woods behind an asylum where a few houses stood in the early 1900s, the entire time I could feel as if someone was watching me, that feeling alone doesnt bother me, I think its some kind of a natural survival instinct we have that tells us to "check your 6". Then I got a good signal, marked the spot, put my MD down, flipped the plug, got on my knees with a pin pointer ... RIGHT BEHIND MY HEAD groggy, scratchy voice "HERRRRREEE". I have never jumped up off my knees so fast in my life, eyes popping out doing a 360 scan and heart going like a V8, not a soul around me. Or was there? Target I found was a large shoe buckle and the best find from that area was a seated liberty dime.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
That picture is creepy! You have some strange neighbours! They look like something from The Blurbs. He's touching his daughters boob,..wtf?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread