newguy

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet. You have plenty of time to decide what you want. Make sure you keep looking on your local craigslist ads.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard TNet! There's a lot of good info on this board about individual detectors. You should be able to find enough info to make a educated choice. If you have questions about a detector, post on the brand board for it and I'm sure you will get an answer. Good Luck and Happy Hunting! (once you start 8-) )

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, Welcome! Start by telling us the type of detecting you plan on doing and your budget. That will the opinion ball rolling!

OP
OP
D

denster

Tenderfoot
Oct 8, 2015
northern wi
Detector(s) used
a/t pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Plan on hunting mostly coins and artifacts.Would like to work some creeks and rivers also. You never know what lies below

The Dirt Fisherman

Oct 2, 2015
Greensboro NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta/Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like you're on your way to an AT Pro! :headbang:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, if you plan on being in the water at all, you should have a waterproof machine. The AT Pro is a good fresh water choice. There are also a few other to consider. The Minelab CTX3030 if you have the extra coin is a great machine choice. So is the Fisher CZ21. If your area has no iron trash (unlikely, but I thought I would mention it) a Sand Shark, Sea Hunter, Infinium LS, or a variety of other PI water machines can get the job done too. They don't discriminate, so, you pretty much have to dig everything.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

OP
OP
D

denster

Tenderfoot
Oct 8, 2015
northern wi
Detector(s) used
a/t pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, just ordered my a/t pro. Should be here the end of next week.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Welcome! You're gonna love your new AT Pro! Mine paid for itself the first summer I used it. Get yourself water proof headphones. Many of my good finds are from drizzling warm cloudy days when everyone leaves the beach and you have it all to yourself. Good luck and will watch for your first finds post

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet I'm a lil late but yea you will love your at pro...start off in pro mode and use zero! The standard mode isn't worth learn imho! Good luck and we hope to see and hear ur finds and stories!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread