which minelab explorer?

jeweler21

Mar 8, 2013
San Angelo, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Garrett AT pro, Teknetics T2, Garrett GTAX 500, A.H. Electronics Super Pro 5, Fisher VLF 555 D/B, Garrett AT Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking of buying a used Explorer, which is the best model to buy?

UPDATE: Thanks again everyone. I bought an Explorer SE. Will be here next week and I'll let you know what I think of it.

UPDATE: Received Explorer SE and took it out for a quick test. Took me a little while to figure out the settings. I was hunting a small area that I had pounded for years with a lot of different detectors. right off the bat, I found a copper memorial at about five inches. Didn't hunt but about five more minutes till it started raining and I had to quit. But I think I am going to like it a lot. Everyone says they make a lot of strange sounds, it was one of the quietest detectors I have ever used.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking of buying a used Explorer, which is the beast model to buy?
I wouldn't buy anyone before the SE or SE Pro, no parts are available for repair on the Explorers before those..

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep... you'd have to be positive it was working 100% and it would have to be cheap, to buy an XS or Ex II.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The II is said to had the. sweetest tones . I love mine ! ;)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The II is said to had the. sweetest tones . I love mine ! ;)

When it comes to detectors there would be nothing I would want more than if I had the ability to buy a brand new Explorer II with warranty tomorrow... and Minelab being willing to service it for good. Last hunt was my first hunt having moved on from using the old style coils since 2000, just too much of a pain to find them, and them actually being 100%.

OP
OP
J

jeweler21

Mar 8, 2013
San Angelo, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Garrett AT pro, Teknetics T2, Garrett GTAX 500, A.H. Electronics Super Pro 5, Fisher VLF 555 D/B, Garrett AT Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the advice and comments, that is what I was wanting to know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions