Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

jamiefind

Oct 4, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, wireless ear receiver, Lesche digging tool & sod cutter, Lesche T-handle HD shovel, home-built 1/4" sifter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Suspense is getting to me...what was it? Paper oil can lid? I've found a couple of those annoying things deep.

Last edited:

Bayard

Oct 8, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1 probe, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like it would be a problem to carry and would not work in compacted soil or clay. It's kind of interesting; but, I believe I much prefer my Sunray probe.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I've heard of those probes. They'd only work in places like soft turf, where you have the liberty to slice through soil like butter like that. There was actually one guy here in CA claiming that not only did you not only could pinpoint the exact spot (ie.: touch the target with an ice-pick probe point to know exactly your location), but he also said it ID'D the target. Ie.: gold versus aluminum, etc... I highly doubt that. For starters, like your video showed, it's just an intensity ID. And even if it had TID (highs versus lows on conductivity) that would only tell conductivity (like any detector's discrimination), not actual composition.

Thanx for the video showing one of them in action , and the actual sounds it puts out !

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Weren't they over $500 when available? VERY limited market I would say.

OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually I can discriminate quite well with the periscope. Has a control that I can distinguish between iron almost 100% of the time without ever having to dig a hole. I can tell the difference between if its silver copper brass vs aluminum. Yes it does work best in soft soil, but even if you're using any other type of probe you still have to dig the hole first to use it. When I run into hard or rocky ground I use it as a as a pinpointer and I still have a form of discrimination. I love it and I use it every time I hunt. I've had one since they came out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Suspense is getting to me...what was it? Paper oil can lid? I've found a couple of those annoying things deep.
I'm not sure what it was, I thought is part of a compact, but, no hinge point and too big. It's made out of copper, I have no idea.

OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soil conditions do dictate being able to determine exact depth and location, but in most spots I hunt 90% of the time I can use it as it was intended. I can cut the absolute minimum sized plug, very important in yards and parks, and be dead center almost every time. It has a very unique form of discrimination. Copper, silver, brass, lead, when making contact, stops the pulsing. Aluminum, gold, foil will pulse, if I flip a switch, the said items will cause the pulsing to stop. Iron will pulse no matter which way the switch is flip, and its dead on for iron. The rod is 14" and has save me many hours chasing 12-14" deep pieces of iron junk. Like everything it has it drawbacks, but for the hunting I do, it works like a champ. Thanks for watching and your input.

OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weren't they over $500 when available? VERY limited market I would say.
They were for the time. I'd like to see a company with some money rework the concept and resize it and reduce the price.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never seen one Dan, thanks for the video. It would be pretty cool if they could fit everything into the handle with today's electronics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread