Anyone using a Whites DFX?

treasurebum1

Jan 12, 2005
flora ms.
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gti2500 whites vision
8) SO FAR NO CONS I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY DFX GREAT MACHINETAKES A LITTLE TIME TO LEARN IT BUT WELL WORTH IT .AFTER 2 MONTHS I AM USING CUSTOM MADE PROGRAMS AND THEY WORK GREAT ,THERE IS A PROGRAM CALLED DSM OR DEEP SEEKING MISSLE AND IT IS JUST THAT I HAVE NEVER IN 14 YEARS OF DECT, FOUND COINS AS DEEP AS I AM NOW HOPE THIS HELPS TREASUREBUM1 IN MISSISSIPPI

treasurebum1

Jan 12, 2005
flora ms.
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gti2500 whites vision
;D FOUND DIMES AT 10 TO 11 INCHES AND QUATERS AT 12 TO 14, SOIL HERE IS MEDIUM GRADE WITH A LITTLE RED CLAY .HAVE NOT USED IN HOT DRY SUMMER WHEN GROUND GETS A LITTLE HARDER TO DIG, AND STILL USING THE STANDARD 9 1/2 COIL THAT CAME WITH THE DFX

M

mrmark55

Been using a DFX since last Oct. Went back to places that I was sure that I had hunted out and it was like starting over. Finding coins everywhere and also began to find rings and nickels. Every time I go out I find out more that it will do. Definitly has a learning curve but well worth the time invested. I used it the first few months with only the preprogrammed programs and did great but now I am trying different adjustmens and loving it. I found an old plow blade the other day. I dug about 2ft deep and was about to give up thinking I had a ghost but took one more stab and there it was. Dimes at about 10 inches or better. Quarters at 12 or better. Love this machine.
Mr Mark ;D
Dig Deep Dig DFX

B

bobcat

Deep seeking missle program? DSM? Could you give this program? I would be grateful as a raccoon in a sweetcorn field! Bobcat ;D

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
I have a DFX also and have used many different detectors and nothing come close to the DFX.
I have not found a quarter at 14in yet but it has great discrimination and is very programable.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
It's truly the ultimate detector I think. I have been using it for 3 years hard. I know it well and have many post on the www.dfxonly.com web site. This detector doesn't miss a thing. If you want a relic machine the dfx is it. If you want coins and jewelry the dfx is it. If you want the tiniest relics the bullseye can barely pick up the dfx is it. The depth is very good. I only use the stock coils on the machine and it works tremendous. It will hold hot settings well. You can adjust it to any condition once you get to know it. I like it alot and won't run anything else. Check out a custom program I put together that works very well here in p.a soil conditions. It's called the eeprom high pro modified custom. You can find it on the dfxonly forum under programs. First learn how to walk before you can run. Read up on the dfx and get the books that are out for it if you intend on doing some playing around with it. If you have any patience you can't go wrong with the machine. I have been to alot of detecting clubs and month after month my finds compared to what others were bringing in on an all around coin relics artifacts basis. Well there wasn't alot of comparison. This is just my opinion. There are alot of other really good detectors on the market. I'm just a true believer of the machine. Finds speak louder than words in my book. Just look at some of the stuff I have found in the last 3 yrs. I'm only familiar with white's detectors too. I wouldn't lie to ya. If I thought there was a better unit out there I'd be runing it. Trust me I'm pretty serious about the hobby and the equipment I choose.

Hope this helps. It's hard to go wrong nowadays with all the leading detector companies out there. They all make solid units that will find treasure. If you can find virgin ground all the time. It won't matter if you have a dfx or a classic series. Your gonna find stuff. Good luck let us know what you decide on.

HH Jer

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
Do any of you know how well the DFX is compared to the Minelab EX II.
I'v been looking for both and can't decide whitch I would like best.
I hope to give them both a better look at the Tyler TX. show this month.See yall there.
I realy like my Fisher CZ 70 but it is realy a relic hunter and not a coin shooter.

Red

R

rixdfx

a great big AMEN to what jerdfx just said.........i wouldnt have anything other than my DFX........

S

sal1966

my friend has one and loves it. He bought a sunray probe( attaches to your machine) and is having problems with it. the tech guy said for him to lower his pre-amp. he feels this will affect his program which has done very well for him. any suggestions??????

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
I would get rid of the probe before I lowered my pre amp. I have a whites bullseye probe and really like it.
I really like my DFX it is the best detector that I have ever used and I have used a few. I have hunted with a guy with a Explorer II and he would call me over when he thought he had a deep target that the DFX would not get. So far I have been able to pick up every thing he does loud and clear. And the DFX is a lot better balanced to swing than the Explorer I think.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sal1966 said:
my friend has one and loves it. He bought a sunray probe( attaches to your machine) and is having problems with it. the tech guy said for him to lower his pre-amp. he feels this will affect his program which has done very well for him. any suggestions??????

I don't know what problems he is having with the probe, but I just recently bought one and find its great and
seems to work much better than the old probes I used, and I won't forget and leave this one in a ballfield...
(another story)
Richard

M

mrmark55

I love my DFX and my finds increased dramatically when I got it. It definitly has a learning curve. The more that I use it the more I find that it will do. I read on one forum where a detector would not pick up a very fine small gold chain. I took my daughters small gold bracelet out and tried to pick it up with my bounty hunter on all metal and sure enough it would not. Then I tried my Garret and it would not pick it up either. I set my DFX on prospecting mode and it went nuts. It is very vesatile in all types of detecting and detects very deep! I went to the TX Treasure show today and tried out several other brands and for my taste I will stay with my DFX.

Mr Mark
8)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting in a local park and was approached by a guy who wanted to know what kind of detector I had. I told him a BH Land Ranger and let him look at it. He said, " I just bought a hi-dollar Whites and haven't figured out how to use it, it's way over my head"! I almost offered to make a trade as I have heard so much good about a Whites machine. He didn't say what model he had but said the paid around $1300.00 for it. As I talked to him a little more I learned that he had no detecting experience and had had it outof the box only once. I told him to keep it in his car and next time he saw me in the park to bring it and the manual with him and wer would try it out.

J

Jim Cal

I have a DFX that I have had for a little over a year and I love it! There is a learning curve as others have said but once you've logged about 100 hours you will start to understand how best to operate the detector over a wide range of hunting conditions. It does go deep but so much of what I find is in the first 6" or so of soil. I would recommend buying the books specifically tailored to this machine and also White's instruction video since it walks you through all of the programming steps and features and helps you get aquainted with the hundreds of variations possible with this detector. As I've said in other places on this forum the number one factor for success is the operator and a good operator with an inexpensive machine will outhunt the inexperienced operator with the most expensive detector. Good luck with whatever you purchase! Jim Cal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread