Frequency question

OP
OP
Slowtaknow

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know mine is 5.9 and good for coin and relic but does soil type make a difference?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good news: The frequency does not make much of a difference when it comes to the soil. The bad news is that the mineralization of the soil does make a difference. I must admit that you should get a detector that has ground grab capabilities or manual ground balance. The bad thing about the F2 is it has a preset ground balance. It is a good detector, but it may give false signals on highly mineralized soils.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the funny thing about the f2 is that it seems to break the rules in some places.loco is of course correct however I live at high elevation in highly mineralised soil.my wife swung an f2 for two years up here with nearly no probs.ever..go figure

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you buy the right machine the first time you won't have to spend again next year. Leave room in your budget for a pinpointer; finds pouch; good kneepads; gloves; and gasoline! Buy a machine with the ability to manually adjust the ground balance,and ask about a "Double D" coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread