IN-STORE COIN MACHINE TO CASH IN YOUR CLAD COINS

olprofessor

Jan 14, 2015
Northridge, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to our local supermarket to cash in a huge pickle jar of clad coins, some damaged and some not real clean. I'd gotten up to a little over $15 (about a fifth of the jar) when the machine stopped and wouldn't continue. The store manager came over and told me because of the damaged ones it wouldn't continue, even tho it HAD separated the funky ones.. Not a big deal. I figured it would just separate the inferior ones, but noooo..I kinda thought it was funny. Turned in my voucher and got my $14.. The current price is 10.9 %.

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you didn't give them a good washing the dust on them screws with the sensors and tells the computer the sensor is blocked. As for the bent ones, should have known they wouldn't go thru so don't waste your time.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on the bent ones lay them down on the a good solid table and hit them with a hammer to straighten them back down.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank has a coin machine that is free to account holders.
To straighten lay bent coin on big hammer head and whack with smaller hammer.:happysmiley:
Marvin

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I shoot em with my wristrocket,they make cool sounds and someday a future detectorist will try to figure out why this field is full of bent clad...just doin my part...lol

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
After a long tumble to clean the coins, I bring a big pocket full into Walmart, and use it at the self checkout.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread