What is your pulltab...?

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What is your 'pulltab'...?

What particular target do you dig more than anything else?

I know it can't be 'pulltabs' for every hunter on TNET!

For me it's a tie between cartridge cases/headstamps & fence staples.
I don't think i have found more than 20-30 pulltabs in my detecting career, haha.

~Tejaas~

Upvote 0

jamiefind

Oct 4, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, wireless ear receiver, Lesche digging tool & sod cutter, Lesche T-handle HD shovel, home-built 1/4" sifter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nails, ugh. Typically wire nails from modern construction, but in one spot even the square nails are frustrating. I've dug more screw caps than pull tabs while relic hunting. It'd probably be different if I was coin hunting given the difference in locations.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on what I am hunting for.. if it is quarters, then quarters... if it is Gold jeweler, then pennies and aluminum. Why dig a pull tab if you are hunting quarter! :-)

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Like skippy, I'm getting more foil gum and candy wrappers than in the past, also foil tops from juice drinks.

I definitely dig all tabs because they are same as a ladies yellow metal ring with white stone.
rmptr

Yes, that is 'Recovers Many Pull Tab Relics' !

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Like skippy, I'm getting more foil gum and candy wrappers than in the past, also foil tops from juice drinks.

I definitely dig all tabs because they are same as a ladies yellow metal ring with white stone.
rmptr

Yes, that is 'Recovers Many Pull Tab Relics' !

Got ya!

I always wondered if the city/park/school hunters ever take two weeks off right after Halloween because of the excessive candy foil...? Haha

~Tejaas~

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I relic hunt mostly and most of the places we go are old. We dig lots of square nails. The hallow from being in the ground that long gives a great single. Drives me nuts

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the beach, it's zinc cents, tabs, and foil.......in that order. At parks and schools it's copper cents, tabs, and foil. At old home sites, it's construction/remodeling/plumbing debris, copper cents, zinc cents. I discriminate out iron, so that usually isn't an issue unless the place is carpeted in it. Then I break out the industrial magnet or go somewhere else!

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steel crown beer caps... They're not the most numerous... they just ring up like a juicy silver half on my F70... Consistent in both directions... and solid.

It's like Charlie Brown trying to kick that football.... It's gonna be big silver this time.... I just know it... Then Lucy pulls it away at the last second... ARRRGGHH!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For me its pulltabs with bottle caps a close 2nd.....and that's because I'm shooting for gold one chunky ring can outstrip all my clad for a season.

Regards + HH

Bill

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twist off screw caps.....the larger ones for cheap wine and alcohol bottles. They ring up as 25 or 50...often very repeatable with no ID or tone variation. Little devils.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup, Nails! Lots of common nails, but also a lot of square nails where I hunt. How can you not dig a square nail with the sound it puts out.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I hunt the beaches a lot, so I dig a lot of twist caps, ya know beer bottle tops. Most of the time I get them all because where people sit and :occasion14:drink they also lose :treasurechest:watches, rings, coins, etc. :dontknow:So I always give the location where you have butt prints and empty beer bottles a very good search. Also illegal fire pits on the beach too. So I get probably more of my fair share of twist caps.
I hope I am not giving away some of my secrets.:icon_thumleft:

The Dirt Fisherman

Oct 2, 2015
Greensboro NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta/Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it odd that nobody has said mason jar lids yet lol. I swear I dig those more than anything. They're not so bad when the porcelain or milk glass are still good in them

Marylanddetctr

Aug 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2
Whites spectrum xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Especially when they break apart into little pieces

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damndest thing... I have dug literally hundreds of .50 caliber bullets, sometimes several in a yard, all over my city. In all directions, a few miles radius from the center of town...

I got a whacked-out theory too...During WW2, their was an air base for training fighter pilots in a part of Lee County called Buckingham... But the Officers Quarters were in down town Ft. Myers, right around the corner from the Edison and Ford Estates... So, when 4th of July, or New Years would come around, in lieu of fireworks, the Officers would spray the city with heavy artillery. (The good ol' days!)

jamiefind

Oct 4, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, wireless ear receiver, Lesche digging tool & sod cutter, Lesche T-handle HD shovel, home-built 1/4" sifter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I find it odd that nobody has said mason jar lids yet lol. I swear I dig those more than anything. They're not so bad when the porcelain or milk glass are still good in them

Agreed. The ones I dig never seem to have any glass around from the jars themselves. What do you think is the reason for that?

wmpwi

Sep 24, 2015
Grand Rapids, MI
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For me the pull tab is still a pain, but the thing that drives me to distraction is when the tab part part becomes detached form the pull part. Those slip through the holes in the scoop and I have to use a pinpointer or I'd be sifting ask day.

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots and lots of pencil stubs in school yards. There is a little metal ring between the eraser and pencil wood that the detector loves to pick up.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The items I find impossible to ignore are, the foil seals and zipper pulls. I have visions of gold rings every time I hit one.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is your 'pulltab'...?

22 Bullet casings, shot gun shell brass and pencil stubs while DirtFishing. Zincolns and foil drink tops at the beach!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions