Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
There are many "light" detectors out there. What do you project your budget as?

A serious note of importance to you..... Ergonomics would be important - even lighter detectors can be painful to swing. A recent post here from a medical technician said that straight shafts are easier on the arms, elbows & shoulders than the "pistol grip", or offset ones. My experience agrees with his findings.

Getting up and down digging frequently (hopefully!) is hard work. And, if you do decide to buy a detector, by all means you'll need a pin pointer too - makes finding targets much easier. Some relics are small and come out of the ground looking like the soil they were in.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

OP
OP
ButtonBidder

ButtonBidder

Nov 20, 2015
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I expect $250 to $325ish if that is realistic, Thanks for the tips and article Deepseeker, also for the link to vendors vpnavy as the ad choice bar is nothing but spam.
I didn't think too much about all the getting up and down, I do down easy enough even when I don't plan on it, I wonder if they make one the doubles as a cane lol, I also should check into borrowing one from a friend for a day to see how well I do as the whole idea may be wishful thinking.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The Tesoro Compadre receives excellent feedback, inexpensive at less than $200 (gives room for a pin pointer!), and it weighs in at 2.2 lbs. I've never used one, but often find it highly recommended for users on a serious low budget. Personally, I wouldn't go with the ACE 250 - had one, don't have it now :)

Tesoro Compadre Metal Detectors- Kellyco

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet......Check your PMs..

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fisher Eurotek Pro, bounty hunter land ranger Pro, Fisher f22 or f44. Dollar for features the BH is hard to beat. I am getting one this week. I had the Eurotek Pro a while back but sold it. Still regret it.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't beat a Tesoro Compadre. One knob with GREAT discrimination, 2.2 pounds, and LIFETIME WARRANTY.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread