Advantage of different features

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
All of them are.

It quite depends on the ground you are hunting and which setting(s) work best for the conditions.

Experiment, try them, test them, and see what your results are.

Every machine is different.

OP
OP
GA_Boy

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is info on three different machines. Just wanted to know which are important for relic and coins.
For instance the Compadre has no Threshold and the F2 is fixed.
The Ground Balance on the F2 is Fixed and on the T2 it is Automatic.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You don't want a fixed ground balance in Georgia. Manual Ground Balance.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"fixed" is bad for any feature. Every site is different, so you should have the ability to adjust the detector to the site. Some things, auto is better, but that is getting into preference and training.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
agree with above.auto settings are designed for ease of use,not for maximum capabilities of the machine.a very small percentage of active md'ers will ever reach expert level skill and as such a small percentage of machines will require that knowledge to be operated at their maximum efficiency.

some compromises are fine for general hunting and hobby level performance.I have compromised with my at pro but am overall happy with my machine and my success rate.If I was trying to make a living swinging a coil I would demand the most versatile machine made(you guys decide which one that is...I dont really care)and be quite happy to wear a sling to carry the beast and coil combo.I am not THAT into it.I am happy to hunt hard,smart and consistantly with a compromise machine that I find capable enough and enjoyable to swing.my humble at pro with a 5x8

all good here !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread