The Dirt Fisherman

Oct 2, 2015
Greensboro NC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta/Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a great hunt yesterday with ammoman. We went to an old ball field near my house that dates back to the early 60s. The coin signals were insane! Everywhere you swung your machine was a signal! So rather than wasting my time with pennies I cherry picked and dug over 100 coins. 55 of them were quarters! I've never dug that many quarters in a day. I can't wait till this weekend so we can hit it again

20151129_162040.jpg

Upvote 0

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are the spots to hit,you'll be very surprised what will be found. I hit a spot like that, 110 quarters in a day.

GOD Bless

Chris

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
agreed....hoover that spot.jewelery is a comin....nice haul

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep...it was a perfect day! 70 degrees moist loose soil and no kids in the way. Now...if i could just learn the language of the E-trac.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True...I like "when" better. Im not used to being out dug. He is consistently pulling 2 to 3 times more than me. I have a mind to get another machine just for the top layer. Maybe the BH 505 needs to come back out of the closet?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love to find another Honey hole like you are working. I found 2 last year that gave up over $350 in clad total. Nothing better than hunting a spot and you have so many targets that you can get picky and only dig high tones in the 80's or higher. Congrats on the enjoyable cladfest. :occasion14:

OP
OP
The Dirt Fisherman

The Dirt Fisherman

Oct 2, 2015
Greensboro NC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ammoman, I swear the 505 will be no longer come the weekend. You need to learn the ways of the minelab. I can't tell you how much I hated the at pro when I got it. Look at me now :) I can just about tell you what I'm about to pull out of the ground. You'll get it, I promise. And don't look at it as being out hunted just look at it as me having more experience with my machine than you do with yours.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not giving up on the E-trac but with so many targets its almost impossible for me to figure out whats good and whats not. LOL you took 3 three quarters out of a hole that i had already given up on. I figure we can clean the field up a bit first then let the E-trac whisper sweet nothings in my ear. Maybe im thinking about this the wrong way but it seems logical.

OP
OP
The Dirt Fisherman

The Dirt Fisherman

Oct 2, 2015
Greensboro NC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
definitely looking at it the wrong way. just practice pinpointing. simple as that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread