Im traveling from CA to OH next week and want to detect along the way...Where?

portubob

Greenie
Jan 16, 2014
Stanton, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm traveling from CA to OH next week and want to detect along the way...Where?

I plan on taking the I-40 from California to OKC, then heading into Arkansas for a pit stop. Then I plan on travelling from Rogers, AR area to Dayton via 44 to the 70. When I get tired behind the wheel, I usually try to find a park on the Google Maps app, then detect it as long as it's not a historical marker or state park as those can be...well...illegal...so I want to make sure while I'm travelling along the fruited plains that I can make it to my destination without riding in a black/white car with funny blue lights. I plan on sticking to inner city parks. Any suggestions? I'm thinking Kingman, AZ around 9pm, skipping NM, then hitting up Amarillo or OKC before I stop in AR. Another consideration...I try to post YouTube videos of my detecting, so interesting places make for good backdrops.

Thanks for looking and your suggestions ahead of time...

Upvote 0

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check see if they have fairgrounds.

OP
OP
P

portubob

Greenie
Jan 16, 2014
Stanton, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! That sounds awesome. Just a road detecting trip or are you going to OH for the holidays?!

I own a couple properties in Ohio. I had to go abate some lead at one of them. I'm done now and am staying the night tonight in Arkansas. In the morning, I plan on hitting up a local park, heading to southern Missouri, finding a park and hitting it up. Then, I'll probably cross over into Oklahoma and find another park, etc, on my way back to California. I haven't decided if I'll be posting a youtube video with all the states I hit up in one video or do separate videos for each state...

OP
OP
P

portubob

Greenie
Jan 16, 2014
Stanton, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions