Im traveling from CA to OH next week and want to detect along the way...Where?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By portubob

Thread: Im traveling from CA to OH next week and want to detect along the way...Where?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Bob

Jan 2014
    Stanton, CA
    Garrett ACE 250
    13 times
    Metal Detecting

I'm traveling from CA to OH next week and want to detect along the way...Where?

I plan on taking the I-40 from California to OKC, then heading into Arkansas for a pit stop. Then I plan on travelling from Rogers, AR area to Dayton via 44 to the 70. When I get tired behind the wheel, I usually try to find a park on the Google Maps app, then detect it as long as it's not a historical marker or state park as those can be...well...illegal...so I want to make sure while I'm travelling along the fruited plains that I can make it to my destination without riding in a black/white car with funny blue lights. I plan on sticking to inner city parks. Any suggestions? I'm thinking Kingman, AZ around 9pm, skipping NM, then hitting up Amarillo or OKC before I stop in AR. Another consideration...I try to post YouTube videos of my detecting, so interesting places make for good backdrops.

Thanks for looking and your suggestions ahead of time...
    Skippy SH13 likes this.

us
    Nov 2015
    Pahrump, Nv.
    Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro. Garrett Infinium Tesoro Lobo ST, Compadre Teknetics Omega 8500
    87 times
    Metal Detecting
    Check see if they have fairgrounds.

us
    Bob

Jan 2014
    Stanton, CA
    Garrett ACE 250
    13 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy SH13 View Post
    Wow! That sounds awesome. Just a road detecting trip or are you going to OH for the holidays?!
    I own a couple properties in Ohio. I had to go abate some lead at one of them. I'm done now and am staying the night tonight in Arkansas. In the morning, I plan on hitting up a local park, heading to southern Missouri, finding a park and hitting it up. Then, I'll probably cross over into Oklahoma and find another park, etc, on my way back to California. I haven't decided if I'll be posting a youtube video with all the states I hit up in one video or do separate videos for each state...

us
    Bob

Jan 2014
    Stanton, CA
    Garrett ACE 250
    13 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy SH13 View Post
    Sweet/ Thanks for letting us know the status. Post results!

-Skippy
    I decided to make 5 separate videos where I detected 5 states in under 24 hours...Here's the first video in the series: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=4YwM3MqwD-w
    Then when I passed through New Mexico, I stopped in Cuervo, NM for another gem.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links