ArcherKit Treasure Finder Schematic or Pictures

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was hoping someone out there would have a schematic for the ArcherKit Treasure Finder metal detector sold as a kit at Radio Shack in the early seventies. I got one of these as a Christmas gift back in the day and my Dad and I soldered all of the components on the board and put it together. Well forty some odd years later and I would like to get it to work again but it has seen better days :) I liked to work on things when I was younger (take them apart) and right now it has a couple of wires just hanging and some other parts that are going to need some love. If anyone has the detector or the schematic I would love some pictures of the PCB so I could get this thing finding treasure again. Thanks

Upvote 0

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In any hand assembled kit that fails I first look for cold solder joints or connections that failed due to corrosion, a simple cleaning and reheat of the joint is usually enough to fix the connection. If you have a good meter you should check components vs their coded values. Also, in my experience, capacitors seem to be the component that fails the most, and can be identified by swelling or leaking. I would give it a shot even if a schematic isn't available.

Don

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good advice Don! Start at the caps and replace them first, they are cheap and are usually the first component that fails with age.

OP
OP
Pinball

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the replies. I have the caps I would need to replace on the board but the problem is I have two wires that have come off and I can't find where they go. I have a good meter to check the components with (love fixing pinball machines) ...its just those darn two wires :) I may have a source for the schematics and will post back if I get them. Thanks again

Jul 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have manual of ArcherKit 28-4010

Thanks for the replies. I have the caps I would need to replace on the board but the problem is I have two wires that have come off and I can't find where they go. I have a good meter to check the components with (love fixing pinball machines) ...its just those darn two wires :) I may have a source for the schematics and will post back if I get them. Thanks again

I just joined this forum (out of curiosity), & I have a complete ArcherKit Treasure Finder Kit in my garage, along with the 28-4010 manual (incl. schematic). If you are still interested, I'll be glad to scan & post it. Warning: one or more of the key components could be hard to find; e.g. a dual-gate MOSFet.

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope Pinball sees your post. That's what the TNet community is all about. Thanks TreasureIslander!

junkmantexas

Nov 12, 2016
San Antonio, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Pinball .. Kinda late .. Here you go. 20161112_151152.jpg 20161112_151300.jpg 20161112_151314.jpg

OP
OP
Pinball

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the posts guys. I have been very busy this summer with some stuff (other then hunting) this summer and have just made it back to see these posts. I sent TreasureIslander a PM so maybe this thing has a chance to live again :) and yes JunkManTexas that is the exact unit I am talking about.
Thanks again

OP
OP
Pinball

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I just spent more time then it would have taken to put a new kit together and this thing is still very dead. The funny thing is if you put your finger on one of the pads on the back of the board it picks up an AM radio station :) I put everything away for now and hope to start testing some parts after the first of the year. Way too many things need done around here right now to be playing with this. If I get it going I will post back...and thanks for all the help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread