Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
You said it's a completely illegal activity.

Why would someone come over to help you commit a crime?

G.I.B., where did he say that ? I've looked back over this entire post, and don't see where he said it's illegal.

Alucard, re.: some people here jesting about safety, heads being chopped off, jails and dungeons, etc.., you'll have to excuse them/us: There's been years of action films like Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones, etc..., which put a hollywood spin on things that some American's must think there's swashbuckling and death traps and torture chambers everywhere there.

I got the same reaction, for instance, when getting ready to hunt the remote high mountain parts of Mexico years ago. I was told by people that I can "end up in a mexican jail" and there's "corruption everywhere", and that I'd get mugged, sick and die if I drank the water, blah blah blah. But it turned out they're normal people like anywhere in the world. Amongst the nicest people around. The water and food were great. It's just this American mindset that unless it's Madison Ave. Hotel Hilton, that you're cruising for bruisings I guess.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Also alucard, if you do get into detecting, start with standard coins, IMHO. Because if you launch off into the caches, hidden chambers, and other such supposed big-ticket items, you'll find yourself probably chasing 99.9% superstition. There's lots of lores in old world places like this, where everyone seems convinced there's a "treasure in every cave" blah blah.

If you are going to go for large items though, get a TM 808. It won't detect an item smaller than a soda can, so it's the perfect "discriminator" against nuisance nails, individual coins, foil, tabs, etc.....

Dagger Woods

Apr 29, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Int'l
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its completely illegal but always there is way :thumbsup:

Post #11

Not to mention Iran is and has been a country that is aggressively hostile towards Americans for the last 40-odd years. Did no one see "Argo"? Yes, that was a "long" time ago, but who here imagines an American citizen would go unmolested if seen ("caught") metal detecting or digging up antiquities (apply your own random definition - they certainly will), or heaven forbid try to take anything back home ("smuggling").... when it has already been admitted that any metal detecting is considered an illegal activity to start with? Does anyone here even consider this an "adventure"? Gee, who wants to sign up for a trip to North Korea while we're at it? Or I hear suburban Kabul has some really great sites.... permissions are a bit of a booger, though...

Sheesh.

Last edited:

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Speaking of targets, I suggest you select a metal detector that uses a frequency other than those used in smart bombs!

Otherwise.... "Boom!"

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
daggerwood, thanx for bringing #11 to my attention. I'd scrolled back through and missed that. But even if that's true, then would alucard, as a local resident already there, be able to do farmers private land with permission ? Because so too do "dire sounding laws" get bandied around about other countries too (other countries in Europe for example). But upon closer scrutiny you realize/find that they are about public laws about public land. Hence private land is outside the say-so of that.

No different than if someone from Europe or Iran were looking at USA laws, he might be inclined to think that "md'ing in the USA is illegal". Because he's seeing ARPA verbage or reading of Mel Fisher legal hassles, etc.... Yet we all know there's scores of places to md here, so long as you're not snooping around obvious historic sensitive monuments.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about going over and checking it out for us Tom? I think I'd probably want to check with the State department first regarding travel to Iran however......:wave:

Dagger Woods

Apr 29, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Int'l
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
daggerwood, thanx for bringing #11 to my attention. I'd scrolled back through and missed that. But even if that's true, then would alucard, as a local resident already there, be able to do farmers private land with permission ? Because so too do "dire sounding laws" get bandied around about other countries too (other countries in Europe for example). But upon closer scrutiny you realize/find that they are about public laws about public land. Hence private land is outside the say-so of that.

No different than if someone from Europe or Iran were looking at USA laws, he might be inclined to think that "md'ing in the USA is illegal". Because he's seeing ARPA verbage or reading of Mel Fisher legal hassles, etc.... Yet we all know there's scores of places to md here, so long as you're not snooping around obvious historic sensitive monuments.

Tom, unless you're playing 'devil's advocate' here, I see no real sense in delving into a serious discussion regarding westerners travelling to Iran to indulge in their metal detecting hobby. It's ridiculous on its face, given the current international tensions and the political/religious climate in the country. I highly doubt anyone there would even think about, much less care about, such niceties as "farmer's permission". You'd be "disappeared" before you made Find 1. Just getting into and/or out of the airport with a metal detector in your luggage would be a dangerous risk.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
G.I.B., where did he say that ? I've looked back over this entire post, and don't see where he said it's illegal.

Post #11.

He stated: its completely illegal but always there is way
thumbsup.gif

I didn't make it up, I just read it.

You will not be allowed to legally enter the country with any electronics.

I've been to the mid-east on a number of occasions. Nothing electronic like that is allowed in without significant payments and red tape.

Additionally Tom, take all you know and understand about fairness in the law, public property, private rights and toss it. Does not apply in the traditional sense. In Iran it is still allowed to behead people. Honor killings are allowed. It's different than what you are used to.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ok, alucard, it seems your notion "there being a way" is mistaken. If you do end up getting a detector, it seems certain from posts that you will be beheaded. If you get one though, and if a year later you're still alive with your head in-tact, let us know what you found !

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iran is under Sharia law, the most strict law in the world today. The penalty for a infidel digging treasure in Iran would be harsh to say the least.

roadapple

Nov 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok, alucard, it seems your notion "there being a way" is mistaken. If you do end up getting a detector, it seems certain from posts that you will be beheaded. If you get one though, and if a year later you're still alive with your head in-tact, let us know what you found !

Hassan CHOP !!!!:icon_farao::icon_farao:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post #11

Not to mention Iran is and has been a country that is aggressively hostile towards Americans for the last 40-odd years. Did no one see "Argo"? Yes, that was a "long" time ago, but who here imagines an American citizen would go unmolested if seen ("caught") metal detecting or digging up antiquities (apply your own random definition - they certainly will), or heaven forbid try to take anything back home ("smuggling").... when it has already been admitted that any metal detecting is considered an illegal activity to start with? Does anyone here even consider this an "adventure"? Gee, who wants to sign up for a trip to North Korea while we're at it? Or I hear suburban Kabul has some really great sites.... permissions are a bit of a booger, though...

Sheesh.
Long story short, I think any American looking around for antiquities would draw too much negative attention with all the looting & destroying of antiquities going on in that area. "Adventure" would be an understatement my friend.......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They don't chop off your head or hands or whip you here if you accidentally cross the line breaking the law while detecting..

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't chop off your head or hands or whip you here if you accidentally cross the line breaking the law while detecting..
Are you willing to bet your life on that? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
A

alucard

Nov 28, 2015
tehran
Detector(s) used
Lorenz Deepmax Z1___J. W. Fishers Remote Metal Detector___Makro JeoTech Deep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

thanks for all your coments
and for guiding me
look here is my new post
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/484830-today-s-finds.html
its illegal but many people from many countries come to iran and start working together very secret and safe

OP
OP
A

alucard

Nov 28, 2015
tehran
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iran is under Sharia law, the most strict law in the world today. The penalty for a infidel digging treasure in Iran would be harsh to say the least.

its not true here digging with Authorization is free
and sharia laws its not most strict law
is islam vahabi laws in saudi arabia
and
soni laws in Qatar uae Kuwait is most strict laws in the Islam world
anyway all of them are Crap

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I can think of is finding old coins from anywhere in the middle east, and not being ale to read them,.... and the dates? confusing as hell.

OP
OP
A

alucard

Nov 28, 2015
tehran
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I can think of is finding old coins from anywhere in the middle east, and not being ale to read them,.... and the dates? confusing as hell.

no
you can find ancient coins with high quality

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread