Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
alucard, it's useless. The mentality here in the USA, is that merely stepping off the sidewalk there results in heads-being chopped off. When movies like Lawrence of Arabia, Raiders of the Lost Ark, etc... get long-since seared into our images, it's not going away. Then combine that with the usual md'r notions of extreme caution for laws EVEN HERE IN THE USA (where some md'rs think you can be ticketed for merely detecting a sandbox without permission), and the combination is going to spell "certain doom" . I think the average md'r in the USA thinks that only in the USA and Britain can you detect in the world. Notice I'm not saying that md'ing in any other place is "necessarily ok", but just saying that there is a popular lore that only makes this psychology worse in some places.

I have yet to see anyone here come up with a law from Iran that truly said "no md'ing". I'm sure someone could find something about cultural heritage (no doubt), same as you/they could probably no doubt find cultural heritage verbage for any place in the USA too. So the bottom line doesn't really seem to be about "can I metal detect in Iran", but more-so along the lines of swashbuckling and heads-being-chopped off for merely chewing gum or something.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think breaking (or not) detecting laws in Iran would be the least of your worries. Just being an American there would be cause enough for some groups.

roadapple

Nov 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you are so funny
You must be active in a circus

I know , how about Donald Trump over there with a "high quality" metal detector to help you out treasure hunting !!! Yes indeedy :laughing7:

bakatz

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have fun getting a Visa to Iran - probably tons of relics to be found... and probably zero chance of leaving with any National Assets.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure that "death to the West" stuff encompasses metal detecting.

Seems pretty ridiculous to even entertain the idea that because there is no law stating "no MDing".....that it would be safe or even remotely intelligent to travel and MD there.

Western hikers being labeled as spies and all....good times I'm sure.

parsking

Nov 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi every body..i am from iran too
the real history in the iran and every one know it..we in this country find very antique thing without metaldetector..

In the footsteps of this country lies treasure..But hard rules
we need the some metal detector can find thing in 5 meters..
And who have enough money to buy..
01.jpg P1010545.JPG P1020247.JPG P1020855.JPG P1020857.JPG P1020861.JPG P1020862.JPG

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice Treasures !
Good Luck Finding a local Partner With a Detector :thumbsup:
hopefully there is at least one Hardy Taker over There
who will contact you 8-)

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
parsking, I could understand a detector that needs to go "5 meters deep" if you're talking refrigerator sized objects, but why not use a standard metal detector for the type coins and jewelry you're showing in your pix ? And like in England: They're hunting individual coins/relics, and also run into caches sometimes using standard detectors.

Because any machine that's going to go meters deep, is designed for large objects only. Like a 2-box machine won't find any object smaller than a soda can. In which case maybe the cache section of T'net is for you:

Cache Hunting

But notice the majority of posts there are dreamers chasing legends and a lot of superstition type "lost mine" stuff. Not saying caches don't exist, but just saying, don't get too caught up believing every camp-fire story that comes along. With history that exists in Iran, you'll have your hands full with just a regular detector doing things like cultivated fields where old villas used to exist, etc... And a regular detector will also detect refrigerator sized objects JUST FINE ! :) But if you are really convinced there's big-ticket items, and that's all you are going to hunt, and you don't care about individual coins and jewelry as shown in your pix, then get a TM 808.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts deleted, please remember no politics....

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no
you can find ancient coins with high quality

No doubt I could find high quality coins with my Deteknix Quest Pro, problem is, I cant read Arabic, or Persian, or whatever chicken scratch is on those coins...all I would recognize is the Lion, and swords... and maybe palm trees... the dates? From what I understand, a coin dated 1375 is equivalent to 1982.... not interested.

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have fun getting a Visa to Iran - probably tons of relics to be found... and probably zero chance of leaving with any National Assets.
Worst case scenario? Getting there fine, pocketsful of goodies, time to come back to the U.S. = What the heck do you mean I'm on the NO FLY LIST? Long long boat ride back home..........

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worst case scenario? Getting there fine, pocketsful of goodies, time to come back to the U.S. = What the heck do you mean I'm on the NO FLY LIST? Long long boat ride back home..........
That sounds more like a "best case scenario" to me!

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a friend who went to Iran to metal detect once. He came back a few months later with no finds, no detector and a bad case of the loonies.

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is my belief that the Iranian people are like most of the people that lived in Iraq when I was there for OIF. The people love Americans. Its the Govts that are the issues. I warmed up to a family that lived close to the FOB I was at in Iraq and they were some of the best and warm people I have met while there. I don't blame the people just the rulers that govern them.

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this seems to be a tomb/grave robbing expedition. A little shady and Hassan will be there to collect...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread