Who long are your batteries lasting ?

Fishingfromakayak

Nov 19, 2015
Mass
Detector(s) used
BH Shooter II, AT Pro, Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I currently have a BH Sharp Shooter II and it uses 2, 9v Energizer Batteries and it runs easily over 40 hrs. I have never kept official track of them but am impressed with battery life. I am looking to get a AT Pro and was wondering about how they last. Also was wondering about how the headphones effect battery life as i have seen that some of the headphones have LED lights on them for stereo or mono. On my BH i just use a cheap pair of Sonys that don't have lights or whistles on them. Thnx for any help.

BH Sharp Shooter II and it uses 2, 9v Energizer Batteries and it runs easily over 40 hrs.

Upvote 0

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a SS2 as well....I use EBL 600mAh Li-Ions and can get roughly 25-30 before the battery light comes and the low volume kicks in. Although that only happened once so it is a rough guesstimate.

I usually hunt for 4-5 hours at a time so lately I just charge them every 2nd trip...no memory for Li-Ions so I try to just keep them topped off. These EBL's are cheap enough if I need to buy another 4 pack.

My Lone Star Pro take 1X 9V and has a 3 bar battery graph. The first line will fall off after 4-5 hours...but I have not seen the 2nd line fall even 10 hours later. Lately have been charging it's single 9v after 2 hunts as well.

No clue on battery life of AT Pro.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just about every detector and battery type is going to be different on battery life. Generally speaking, the rechargeable batteries don't last as long as the one time use type, but, they're more economical to use in the long run. Some detectors don't work well with rechargeables either, so, if in doubt, check with someone who's tried them in your make and model. Headphones add a bit of battery life over using the built-in speaker. There are some aftermarket battery makers that have some great replacement rechargeables that last much longer than the factory ones. RNB comes to mind, but, I'm sure there are others.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Batteries last a long time in the AT Pro. I would replace mine after 20 hours or so and they still had plenty left. Never let them run down all the way to see how long it would last though.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You need to keep in mind that in the winter when batteries get cold they get weaker. I always carry a spare set in my pants pocket and swap them out as necessary. Putting the cold batteries in my pockets to allow them to warm up if I need to swap them out again.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 150 runs on 4 double a's, and they last almost a year .

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an AT Pro, and like Rob, I easily get 20 hours out of them (4 AA). I change when the battery indicator gets to the last hash mark. I suspect I would still get a few more hours out of them, but I prefer to stay hot! I recently began using the Garrett head phones that came with the detector and I've not seen any change in battery life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread