A

alucard

Nov 28, 2015
tehran
Detector(s) used
Lorenz Deepmax Z1___J. W. Fishers Remote Metal Detector___Makro JeoTech Deep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ground penetrating radar... Don't think it's really hobby-stuff.

I'll stick with my metal detector...

hobby stuff are you killing me ^_^
and why its so expensive ???

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
alucard, unless you are looking for bottle pits, (ie.: garbage dumps, building foundations, etc...) then this is not of use. It is not meant for singular metal objects, unless you are talking about refrigerator sized objects. There isn't enough "shape showing" ability of that to show shapes, etc... that will be of any use to you. I mean, no-more-so than ability to discern "shape" by simply going over it with a metal detector (to discern "linear" or big vs small, etc...).

If you are after big ticket cache sized type objects, you can also use a 2-box unit, and get respectably deep for large objects as well.

What type objects are you looking for ?

OP
OP
A

alucard

Nov 28, 2015
tehran
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
alucard, unless you are looking for bottle pits, (ie.: garbage dumps, building foundations, etc...) then this is not of use. It is not meant for singular metal objects, unless you are talking about refrigerator sized objects. There isn't enough "shape showing" ability of that to show shapes, etc... that will be of any use to you. I mean, no-more-so than ability to discern "shape" by simply going over it with a metal detector (to discern "linear" or big vs small, etc...).

If you are after big ticket cache sized type objects, you can also use a 2-box unit, and get respectably deep for large objects as well.

What type objects are you looking for ?

coins jewels
ancient statue
Mummification
here in Iran you can find anything

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
coins jewels
ancient statue
Mummification
here in Iran you can find anything

For coins: get a standard metal detector. Like a CZ6 or an Explorer, or 6000 di pro, etc...

For jewels: no detectors or GPR's get "jewels" since they aren't metal.

Ancient statues: If they are metal get a metal detector. If you're talking big statues (life size?), then get a 2-box like the Whites TM 808. If they're figurine size, then a standard metal detector.

For mummies, sorry, can't help you there bro !

roadapple

Nov 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For coins: get a standard metal detector. Like a CZ6 or an Explorer, or 6000 di pro, etc...

Ancient statues: If they are metal get a metal detector. If you're talking big statues (life size?), then get a 2-box like the Whites TM 808. If they're figurine size, then a standard metal detector.

Get flowers for mommy and the golden sacred saber with the diamond eyes scarab beetled handle.... for mummies !!!!! :notworthy: then try the TM 808 Whites detector .

OP
OP
A

alucard

Nov 28, 2015
tehran
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

hey can you give me a link for buying
tm 808

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Go to Whites metal detectors website. Then from there, there should be a link to their dealers world-wide.

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish Americans could go to Iran to MD but I am afraid of the things that the Govt could do...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread