If the world was open for you to metal detect, where will you do it?

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed. Any army camps of old empires....Roman...Greek....etc etc.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a place near where I live that was a known Confederate depot/ warehouse for supply's and livestock for most of the war. The old timers around here have been trying to get on the property for years with no success. This is a large farm with what is suppose to be many CW camp sites on it. (I'm drooling just talking about it) There was a train depot nere by and the tracks go through the property. The owner is 90 years old and has never allowed any hunting. We are friends with the daughter and plan on staying that way. It is "virgin" ground and I think of it often. Maybe someday[emoji120]

HH, Relic Nut

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd like a month, with the park closed for my 30 day hunt in "Central Park" NY.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd like to hunt China, and find my Deteknix Quest Pro, that STILL hasn't arrived.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would hunt BWDave's underwear drawer ( he keeps his good finds there)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OOOOk that didn't come out as I expected

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a wish list way too long but I like all of the suggestions so far, ok maybe not jeff-gordon, but I would like japan or any populated Asian country.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Fort Knox. There's gotta be some gold that has been dropped lost or buried on the 42 acres of land.

Whitesmxt66

Dec 29, 2011
Clarkston, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, really want the MXT though.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
St. Augustine FL. Where Ponce De Leon first landed in Florida. That would be really cool. That place is locked down like Fort Knox. It is like the folks there can sense that you own a metal detector or something. Great history though for sure.:laughing7:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
There is a place near where I live that was a known Confederate depot/ warehouse for supply's and livestock for most of the war. The old timers around here have been trying to get on the property for years with no success...

Hey relic-nut, what makes you think it's never been hunted ? How long have the current owners owned it ? Perhaps before the current ownership it was hunted. Or humorously, even if the current owners have had it, let's say, for 50 yrs, and tell you "no one's ever hunted it before", it often means they simply don't know. Ie.: you're talking to the dad, yet the son or some other family member's buddy hit it already (and the dad simply didn't know or hear about that). Or a ranch-hand opened the gate for his buddy. Or , quite frankly, someone could just have gone, if we're talking a big farm of many acres.

In my nearly 40 yrs. of this, I have often heard a property owner tell us "no one's ever md'd here before". Yet I know for a fact it's been md'd before (even to smithereens in some cases), but the current owner, or whomever-you're-talking to, simply doesn't know. They may even be quite adamant on the point too :)

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I never drive anywhere that I am not looking and thinking I would love to do that old house, or old racetrack, or many, many places, mostly Federal or State grounds. Would be nice if you could just stop and go.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey relic-nut, what makes you think it's never been hunted ? How long have the current owners owned it ? Perhaps before the current ownership it was hunted. Or humorously, even if the current owners have had it, let's say, for 50 yrs, and tell you "no one's ever hunted it before", it often means they simply don't know. Ie.: you're talking to the dad, yet the son or some other family member's buddy hit it already (and the dad simply didn't know or hear about that). Or a ranch-hand opened the gate for his buddy. Or , quite frankly, someone could just have gone, if we're talking a big farm of many acres.

In my nearly 40 yrs. of this, I have often heard a property owner tell us "no one's ever md'd here before". Yet I know for a fact it's been md'd before (even to smithereens in some cases), but the current owner, or whomever-you're-talking to, simply doesn't know. They may even be quite adamant on the point too :)
Hey Tom, I know where your comeing from and it has probably been hunted without permission. This is a "Century farm" has been owned by the family since the war. Some of the old time detectets here have been trying since the 70s with no luck. Like you say, I'm sure it's seen a coil or two by the moonlight. But I'm also sure there are places there that haven't.

HH, Relic Nut

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my first stop would probably be Manassas and then straight to Gettysburg

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of Crusader's and Robfinds most coveted hunting spots...that would be jolly:thumbsup:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... Like you say, I'm sure it's seen a coil or two by the moonlight. ...

Perhaps, sure. But even with permission too it could have been hit.

I hit a yard as a kid with my first detector in the mid 1970s. An elderly man said "sure, help yourself". Then a few years later, when wanting to try out a new machine, I went and knocked on the same door. An elderly women (probably the man's wife) said "sure, help yourself. No one's ever hunted it before" [I didn't bother to correct her]. Then a few years later, in the early 1980s by now, I got yet another latest greatest detector, and wanted to see how it would do in a place I'd thoroughly worked. I remembered that yard from a few years earlier, and knocked on the door. This time a middle-aged lady gave me permission. She explained that her parents, who actually owned the house, were now in an assisted living home, and she was there to put their affairs in order (I assume the parents were the elderly folks who'd let me several years earlier). And as the lady gave me the go-ahead, she added: " .... and no one's ever detected it before". Doh!

And I bet if I knocked on the door today, whomever's owned it for the last 30 yrs. would say the same thing: "No one's ever md'd it before", haha

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to hunt Washington DC. The White House, Capital building, monuments etc. You know there has to be some really good stuff on that white house lawn !

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would like to hunt Washington DC. The White House, Capital building, monuments etc. You know there has to be some really good stuff on that white house lawn !

I like that spot, especially the monuments, plenty of open grass fields...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread