Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check out mine... But I'm too illiterate to figure out how to add a link, so go to my profile. I'll be adding my 2015 finds after the holidays. I'll check on yours after I eat dinner.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LIVE FEED FOLLOWS for Loco:

Oh MAN, LOCO! I love the way you showed the clad finds in 2014... I might have to actually save them up longer than a month before I spend them.

I wanted to get a pic of all, but alas it is $40 short in quarters and also a penny.

I also really liked this photo of the bobcat neckerchief slide. I've never seen one like that. That must be a really old style! I'll bet it's worth quite a bit to the right collector...
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/84122-albums4228-picture1245329.html

I found all those in 2014, mainly from parks. This season I haven't found as many since I dug'em all last year and have mainly hunted permissions this year.

About a quarter of the way through 2015, my son (who loves this stuff, and was sitting behind me), says, "Dang... he finds a butt-load of stuff!" Couldn't have said it better. I LOVE how you took pictures of, what looks to be, each of your hunts. (oh great... now as I typed that, my son says, "Sounds like you have a man-crush."). Er... no, son.. just respecting the finds...

:thumbsup:

A few pages later: and my son says, "Some of his hunts are crappy... just like ours!" HAHAH!!! I hope you don't take offense. I just thought it funny. It's great to get a feel for the places you might hunt. You have a lot of quarters stacked up in some of those photos. Do you hunt churches or parks, or what? that's a bunch of change!

I had 2 honey holes. One was a park in a very small settlement. The park was started in the 1970s and this little hamlet has a 4th of July fireworks show. The park is packed every year. I had the pleasure of gridding those 2 acres and hit it in 3 directions. The place must have produced $200 in clad. Every 2 swings I was digging a plug. Another spot gave me close to $200 in coins and also provided me with my only 2 barbers (dime and a quarter), 3 mercs, a rosie, silver quarter, silver ring (made from a coin), and a clad Ike dollar. In 2014 I hit most parks and many sports complexes in a 4 county area, thus all the clad. This year I mainly hit permissions, but have had a few cladfest hunts.

The extension you found, just made me LAUGH!
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/84122-albums4228-picture1215844.html

The 3'8" new socket wrench extension was a surface find at a fairgrounds a week or 2 after they had an old engine show and flea market.

This 1866 Indian Head is a BEAUTY!! Nice find!
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/84122-albums4228-picture1212737.html

She is pretty. Last season I dug 2 IHP's (I was new to the hobby and would use max disc and notch nickles back in) using the fisher F4 with the DD coil.:dontknow: This year I have dug 29 using the F75 LTD SE. Now I only disc iron and foil. After I pound a site I do go back on occasion in all metal mode and dig the deep low-mid tones.

And then... AND THEN!!!

An 1877 Indian Head! Are you kidding me??? Did you get a banner for this one! incredible find!!
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/84122-albums4228-picture1194373.html

Yes it got me my only Banner. I didn't know it was that good when I dug it. I just put the coins in my nail pouch. I look at them when I get home. Rather not rub on them when dug. I called my brother-in-law (who I got into MDing). He collects "Cents" and has one of every cent and mint mark ever made except for 8. I was calling to rub in the fact that I found more IHPs (he had none). I told him I dug 2 that day an 1877 & 1907. He let me know that I dug a great coin, Key date and is one of the 8 he needs for his collection. He stated that as long as you can see the date, in the worst condition it was worth $400. The 1877 is in great shape. I'm still contemplating on getting it conserved, graded, & slabbed.

My son and I are just blown away by your finds, man! Those are incredible. What a great year you had. Dude... Super sweet!

Thank you SO much for sharing. That was a rich experience. Going to dream Indian Head's today... I doubt I'll ever get that spot filled in the book...
Skippy

Thanks for taking time to look at my albums and all the great comments.

I normally take a pic of all finds and then maybe one or 2 of the notable finds. The hunts go from top to bottom. Each hunt goes from largest denomination down to pennies. If pennies have a separation it is to show the wheats first. Relics and cool finds are to the right of the coins.

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Skippy! Thanks for the kind words... our hobby lends itself to having a wide variety of finds throughout each year... My 2015 finds will be totally different, and better than last years. The vest was something that I told my wife that I HAD to have, fact is, I hardly ever wear it...:laughing7: Too hot down here for a vest.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AND>>> I just checked your albums....Holy Rings Batman!!! I wonder which is your favorite? Very impressive, my friend.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Boy this could take all night to check out but I love treasure....So I'll start at the top...

Beautiful rings Skip!

Loco you sure have had a bizzy fruitful year!!

Dave love the lead toys and bracelet!

Great stuff Terry, I think I would like beach detecting more then Prospecting.. Seems hard just when you find those little flakes...

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine is in my Signature below!

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out mine... But I'm too illiterate to figure out how to add a link, so go to my profile. I'll be adding my 2015 finds after the holidays. I'll check on yours after I eat dinner.
Here's those pics I've been trying to send. I can't seem to send them in a private e-mail....oh well. The medal we were discussing is under his photo, along with his dog tags, a German belt buckle and numerous medals. Enjoyed your conversation Dave....Merry Christmas and a GREAT New Year!! Dad.jpg

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's those pics I've been trying to send. I can't seem to send them in a private e-mail....oh well. The medal we were discussing is under his photo, along with his dog tags, a German belt buckle and numerous medals. Enjoyed your conversation Dave....Merry Christmas and a GREAT New Year!! View attachment 1249409

T.C. ... Thanks for the pic... you must be so proud.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love that you have a specific "method" of doing the pictures. That's very cool. It also suggests to me that you're probably rather methodical in your metal detecting. Not much of a hummingbird, I suspect!

Skippy

You are correct, but I will meander on a larger public site in order to find where humans roamed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread