Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Axerocker

Rookie with a DFX

This my first post, just purchased a White's DFX and a Bullseye pinpointer. This is my first year detecting, I was infected by the detecting bug thanks to my good friend Dave. Thought I'd share with the rest of you my first finds. I recently went to a local park where they were setting up for a carnival this coming weekend, so next week should be fun. Hope the rest of you rookies don't get discouraged because we were at first, but persistance pays off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rookie finds.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	235.8 KB 
ID:	135454  

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3969 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Rookie with a DFX

Welcome to TNet forum. You have a top notch detector that will do the job in many types of detecting except underwater. Keep learning and always have an open mind. Read all you can on using the DFX as there is more than one book written about it.

Good Luck,
    Sandman
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11397 times
    Metal Detecting

My favorite town park has an annual carnival. Nice of them to keep re-seeding my playbox.

Just wish the Carnies give out better rings.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Jul 2006
    Coventry, RI
    Excal
    8 times

axe,

I'll give you the same advice as i do everyone else with the DFX. Sign up to www.dfxonly.com, and get the book Digging deeper with the DFX , by jeff foster.

After that... play around, and learn the machine

good luck
    steve

RUDY2003

Welcome axerocker, I like the Christmas pin and good start. The engine is missing on your mini-bike....
    Keep safe...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links