Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[Deteknix Quest] Post Up Your Number One Tip For New Treasure Hunters
[Deteknix Quest]: I’m in!

$$$$ I am attending [Deteknix Quest].Post and win our prize. $$$$
POST TO WIN.jpg
Price Quest Pro.png
Deteknix

Post up your number one tip for new treasure hunters. Can be anything from purchases, must have tools, hunting grounds, finding locations, sluicing tips etc.

:coffee2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, leave a hinge. I go from 2 O'clock to 10 O'clock with my digger and fold back about 2 inches depth if possible. That leaves enough connecting roots to feed the flap after you fold it back into its original place.
Marvin

Very cool thanks for the tip.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your machine has discrimination, turn it up to one of the higher levels when just starting. This will get you some relatively easy finds, like clad, right away. As you gain experience, gradually hunt with discrimination lower and lower until it's just above the iron setting.

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your machine has discrimination, turn it up to one of the higher levels when just starting. This will get you some relatively easy finds, like clad, right away. As you gain experience, gradually hunt with discrimination lower and lower until it's just above the iron setting.

I would have thought the opposite for starting out but finding bobby pins, beer caps, screws does take a bit of the wind out of your sails.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of us will "cherry pick" a site if we have a chance to come back to it....then we turn the discrimination down and dig most all targets:thumbsup:
I would have thought the opposite for starting out but finding bobby pins, beer caps, screws does take a bit of the wind out of your sails.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You would think so, but I found out the hard way. Then I sort of "started over" with discrim at a higher setting and it helped me learn my machine a lot better.

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would think so, but I found out the hard way. Then I sort of "started over" with discrim at a higher setting and it helped me learn my machine a lot better.

I'm defintely going to try that next time. Cheers.

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing i've learned is to use golf tees to mark the ground where i've pinpointed. Helps me anyway.

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep them tips coming! :thumbsup: